Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Texting Our Way Through the BCS National Title

Good grief, was I ever excited for the game. Except, during the pre-game taking heads show I began to get nervous. Not much happened on the field during the entire game to change that! It was very exciting, as always when Chief Osceola threw down the spear:
(sorry about the focus-- nerves already at work!)

I was also so happy to see Bobby Bowden as an honorary captain; he's definitely beginning to look his age,
as well he should.

So, the game began and the texting with Jonathan did as well. Here's how the night went:

Because I don't know how to do a screen shot from my phone, I'll use italics for me and regular for Jon boy....

Mother wearing out exclamation point key...

Here goes!

Can't wait.

Charged my phone for texting!

It's a start! (following FSU field goal on first drive--little did I know it would go down from there!)

Would have been nice if they called late hit on that first down pass. Definitely hit him after he was out.

This is not going well to say the least.

:(

I was hoping we would come out fast, not them!!

Defense coming to play in the 2nd half

Thank gosh! Now JW needs to get some confidence!!

Sigh. We are getting no breaks. So many recovered fumbles.

Incredible! May be the story of the game!

Their punter is absolutely destroying us and ours is the worst player on our team. Sigh.
____________________________________________________________________________
Note that from here on out, both Mother and Son cannot stop using exclamation points.

Field position is killing us!

Big run for Devonta. Over 1,000 yards now! First RB since Warrick Dunn!

Bummer about the penalty! We've got to believe!

HUGE STOP! Block that kick!

Woo hoo!!

Another penalty on the XP though. Yikes!

I've been a nervous wreck all night!!

YEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

I couldn't even watch Auburn's final drive!

I barely could either. I was dying. So exciting! What a batch of BCS games!

Honestly my heart was beating so hard all game!!

No kidding. I was a nervous wreck

It is tough to be a sports fan!

So tough. Sometimes you wonder if it's worth it. But it so is!

And that was that, Jimbo Fisher came on praising the team for the hard fought victory:
and even our local sports writer, Mike Bianchi, an avowed Gator fan wrote some nice things in today's paper.
Alissa shot this little video of Jonathan who was apparently so nervous he could not sit down.

There was no question of going to bed early despite Bruce having to fly out in the morning. He's been a Florida State fan since he was in high school, long before two of our sons went there. That said, he gets very, very quiet when the team is not doing well. I was blabbling like a fool, drinking two bottles of water, a glass of wine, and a cup of hot tea. Nothing settle me down. Except the clock running out.

WHAT A NIGHT! WHAT A GAME! Thank gosh it's over!

As an aside, Matt and Tom might get a kick out of that weather graphic on the left page of the paper. Tom made his first Christmas visit to Florida back then; a rather rude introduction to winter in Florida. Funny thing is, last night in my nervousness I kept checking the temperature on my phone, discovering that it was colder in Orlando last night than London. Go figure....

No comments:

A Week Ago Tuesday