Wednesday, August 17, 2016

A Forced Abstinence

This morning Dr. Parillo called to give me the results of my last week's visit. I don't go easily to the doctor given my past history, however, having nearly two months of trouble finally convinced me that it was time to put aside my silliness and seek help. Well, it was just as I suspected---a return of C-diff, minus the colitis, or so I hope. I wrote about my previous saga here.

I don't know which is worse-- taking the antibiotic Flagyl, which is beyond horrible tasting, or no wine for two weeks. The truth is, both are bad. You may recall that drinking even a drop of alcohol while taking Flagyl will make a person violently ill so there is that. Furthermore, at least to me, taking a bitter pill three times a day for two weeks is torture. But then again, it is not chemo therapy which is something I will remind myself of in hopes that I can manage. Going through what I've been experiencing is another very powerful incentive. Now you know why, especially lately, I have been a serious homebody!!

Speaking of home, what do you think happened the day of this sunrise, which is foggy because of humidity on my lens?
Well. of course it rained and rained like mad! So crazy much, making up for last month's dry weather., the pool is now nearly overflowing!
I feel so bad for our new young neighbors next door because during Saturday's massive rain and wind, a huge tree limb, as in it covers about a third of their back yard and pool, fell, leaving them with some hard choices. Their insurance deductible is $2, 500! As well their patio furniture and the baby fence around the pool is damaged. I remember those days well when unexpected expenses occurred, and it is not a good feeling.  On a different note I finally was reimbursed for the sprinkler repair after making about ten phone calls. Grrr.....

Meanwhile, over at Bill and Fallon's home, Bill had spent most of the day tidying things up outside. So much for that following the storm. Lasting nearly an hour, it did stop with enough time for him to tidy up again, but that' s no fun is it? They were having a party to celebrate Fallon finishing her book work for nursing school. She has spent countless hours studying, and with that in her past, she will now begin doing all her clinical rotations at the hospital. Hurray for that, and hurray that she is number one in her class!

Longtime readers will remember how I struggled to keep Bill's pool looking decent. Well, these days it looks way more than decent!
We chatted, we played corn hole while David used his wrestling announcer voice, commenting on the matches, and Bill made a fire. Most of my photos were not fit for prime time, and the one below is just barely, but I do like Fallon's smile so I'm sharing it regardless.
Do you remember when people began using the word suck, as in this sucks, and that sucks? I do. My twins began using it ,and I was aghast, saying it sounded so vulgar. Well, I suppose you can get used to just about anything because I thought this sign, I saw posted in someone's yard, was fairly amusing.
Bruce removed the screen from my kitchen window for me so I could get some clearer shots of the birdies. Why didn't I remove it, you ask? It was stuck, or so it seemed to me! It is that time of the year when the birds are molting, looking somewhat bedraggled. I can't decide if this is two males, or a male and female Red Winged Blackbird.
Riding my bicycle over to Irene's yesterday morning, following our visit, I decided to ride a few extra blocks over to the nearby peacock neighborhood . Lo and behold, there were little ones!!!
Oh my goodness they are so cute!! Generally they are born in early July, making it a very pleasant surprise. There are a number of July babies roaming around as well.
Can you believe how lucky I was?

It appears as if the adult peacocks molt just like our song birds.
Look what else I saw recently!!
It has been quite some time since a Passion flower has made an appearance in a Camera Crazy post. These blooms never cease to amaze me!

As much as I don't want to, I'll leave you for now to go pick up my prescription along with some sort of food that might disguise the taste. Someone wrote about using applesauce to mask it, but now I'm wondering how something like sherbet or ice cream might work.....

Teetotaler for two weeks,

Gail

p.s. Here is something fun if you've got nothing better to do.

No comments:

A Low Level of Anxiety