Thursday, December 30, 2010

Gifts

Although I know it's no longer fashionable to covet gorgeous packaging, I admit I've yet to adopt that mentality. As you know, Bruce and I picked out the Tiffany items together, but what I didn't know is how it would be packaged. Oh my was I delighted to untie the white satin ribbons and find these adorable little jewelry pouches inside the familiar blue box:
They are made from a material I'm unfamiliar with, possibly something that will keep the sterling from tarnishing, but trust me, whatever it is, it's awesome. In order to maintain neatness in our home, I usually find it easy to throw things away, however, I think these little boxes might just find their way into my nightstand so that I may gaze at them now and again.

Another very sweet gift was from Lisa and Danny, or I should say Danny, as I discovered Lisa had no clue he'd sent this adorable arrangement called, "Roses in the Snow".
Deep crimson tea roses with precious little white flowers below. This, no doubt, will be a gift that keeps on giving. Speaking of plants, those who live in Florida don't need me to tell them that once again, the temperature has plunged. Having Bruce, Matt, and Tom cover all those plants was such a blessing. 

Nancy arrived the other evening bearing gifts from Pat and Ruth. Seems as if they picked lots of citrus from their trees and wanted to share the bounty. I don't need to remind you how I love me some citrus! 


Pink grapefruit above, and lemons galore below. Juicing commenced, with the lemon juice ending up in an ice cube tray to freeze for use when needed. Excellent gift!

Every Christmas of late, Jonathan gives me a photography book, not the glossy picture type, but instructional ones. This year he gave me, Guide to Digital Photography , which, at the moment, has gone largely unread due to excessive business. However, in the forward I read this, "You can have the most modern camera equipment in the world, and still not see picture possibilities." Good, right?
Thus, the photographs of the citrus. Actually I took those prior to reading the quote, but it sure describes what I'm always trying to do--see the picture possibilities everywhere.

Speaking of Jonathan, he hopes he's stone free! He's passed two stones in the last few days, the size of which will give anyone the shivers just hearing about them. According to him, it's no wonder he was on his death bed Thanksgiving eve. Fortunately, the pain while passing the stones was mild compared to what he'd already gone through. 

I began this post two mornings ago, but obviously didn't complete my writing at the time. I've so much more to share, but by now you may be weary of reading so let's meet again tomorrow, shall we? Matt and Tom departed with Bruce for the airport a bit ago. Although they were here for ten days, it wasn't long enough according to Bruce. I agree.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You've got to love Tiffany's packaging. Simple and classic. I wish more companies would pay attention to their packaging design.

Anonymous said...

I really do like how you make "ordinary" things appear so striking in your photographs.

Karen H.

Back at the Homestead