Skip to main content

TMI

Too much information. 24/7.

I don't know about you, but, frankly, I'm tired of it.

Although I've raised four sons, I still don't understand the male mind any better than when I was growing up in a houseful of girls. I do have one brother, however, he remains a mystery as well.

What is it with powerful men??? Jerry Sandusky. Need I say more? I could list many more, as I suspect you could as well, but let's not. PLEASE make them stop.

The other day I was saying to Bruce that there is much wrong with this new world we're living in. I believe one of those things is 24/7 news coverage which, to my way of thinking, only makes people anxious and depressed. It's not like I can do a thing about the debt crisis in Greece, or the floods in Bangkok, or anything for that matter. All I can do is worry about my own actions and hope my children behave themselves.

Jobs. Where are the jobs? Gone by way of the internet. The New York Times posed the question--are cookbooks becoming  obsolete? Isn't everything?  I know, I know, the internet has created jobs, just not nearly enough. My normally optimistic nature is cracking a wee bit. Of course, without the internet I would have never been able to write, something I've always wanted to do. A two-edged sword perhaps?

Enough with the crankiness! How about we do some sunlight, shadow, and reflections today? You're not interested? Skip the rest!


As I sat at my desk yesterday morning, this light spoke to me..

Inside, after opening the front door the light shone on my little pretties,
Remember I told you about those damn squirrels knocking over the bird feeder, spilling hundreds of sunflower seeds? Nice--they are sprouting in between the bricks....
Now, that's one thing, but more importantly they have actually gnawed a HOLE in Bruce's kayak!!!
Can you believe it??? Matthew is bringing me a super duper bird feeder from England this month when he comes to visit, guaranteed to keep squirrels away. Wonder if he has any ideas on how we can keep them from eating even more of the kayak!!! (This picture doesn't fit into my stated category, but I knew you'd want to know the latest.)

Sewing was on yesterday afternoon's agenda. I'm making some Christmas gifts.
Once again, my neighbor's big truck woke me this morning as he was leaving at 5:30. Hmmm....

With such nice weather, walking Baxter is great, that is if he'll keep up a pace faster than a dawdle. The best way I know to achieve success on that front is to take him to a park; today it was the Urban Wetlands Park off  Mills Avenue. The park is filled with Cypress trees which are just beginning to change color, from a very bright green, to sort of a burnt orange. Not all of them though, especially ones in this shady area:
So, you notice the water is that weird green? Covered with a good type of algae. As well, take a look at all the bare limbs. All over the park, aside from this area, I saw piles and piles of clipped limbs, which give the trees a decidedly different look.
I took this when I first got to the park, prior to seeing the piles. No wonder the trees looked so different.
I was really hoping to see some birds, but that was not to be. Except, I did see this heron, a little different type than I've seen before.
I sure wish I'd not cut off his reflection. I'm thinking you won't mind.

You may be wondering how it is that I'm writing when I should be playing bridge. Sadly, we once again do not have a foursome. Lots going on with the ladies.

Finally, I received an email regarding a picture I took of the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville. My response was that I'm happy they are still using it, and even happier that I have no need to return!

Hope you're having a happy day,
Gail
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bodies of Water

Raise your hand if you think you can identify the location of this lovely scene? Before our excursion on Saturday, I certainly would have kept my arm straight by my side because I would have had no clue. This is the park on the shores of East Lake Tohopekaliga in downtown St. Cloud, Florida. I've included Florida because there is a town named the same in Minnesota, not far from a restaurant Bruce built, and there might just be someone from Minnesota that comes across this blog and thinks, that's not my town! 
At any rate, Bruce's superintendent in Plano is doing a fabulous job which means Mr. Peck is not having to kill himself, performing as both Project Manager, and the field Super. It's about time that he got a bit of a break, so when I asked him if he was up for a Saturday excursion to St. Cloud, he agreed. Both of us have driven by the exit to this little town on countless occasions, but never had either of us actually been there before. 28 miles from Orlando, it i…

And Just Like That....

another weekend has arrived! My, how the time flies when you are old. The date for our move to Vancouver in early July just keeps getting closer and closer! In the meantime, we are staying busy.

Matt and Tom have an anniversary coming up, yes, it has been three years already at the end of the month. You will not be surprised that I made a quilt to honor the occasion which I sent a week or so ago, thinking it would take some time. You never really know. In this instance it took only one week and since I sent it to Matt's workplace, he opened it right up and sent me a text to say he loved it! That was a relief because it is a little different than some quilts I've made. When I had only the top pieced Bruce was a little skeptical of the end result, however, after the addition of spiral quilting, and ORANGE binding, he was a convert!
For a touch of whimsy, I used a fabric with drawn kitty cats for Tom. The beginning of the spiral is somewhat sketchy, but I did the best that I coul…

A Haircut, a House for Sale, and Fathers Day Too

Remember that big-haired blogger from the last post? She is now a sleek bobbed blogger thanks to Monica's expert work on Friday afternoon.
I can assure you, I was not able to style it perfectly this morning, however, I was not too far off, which is a huge relief. Seriously, every time I tell her I'm never going to make it happen, and most times I'm right, but she explained it is all in the cut this time. Speaking of cut, claiming it is more hair than she has on her head, Monica insisted I photograph this mass of hair, including a large amount of from using the thinning shears. Merely genetics, I have some gray hair, but not much, but it sure shows up in this pile, doesn't it?
Gray hair is so weirdly stiff and unruly, or at least that is how it is on my head! Folks with thin hair wish they had more, and thick haired folks like myself wish I had less!

Woo hoo, ceilings done, along with most of the paint. Most, because they have to return for the baseboards once Scott fin…