Sunday, February 25, 2007

Dashed Dreams?


Our dear Matthew arrived safely in London over night. His day was filled with frustrations as the next few weeks may be, but I am confident he will adjust and be quite happy. He is a chameleon like that--anything suits him as long as things are organized.

After church today we walked over to the Farmer's Market and Bruce spoke with the manager. The conversation did not go as well as we had hoped because the manager explained that she had two photography booths and that was all she wanted. Never mind that we have never seen such and they were not in attendance today. It is a bit of a set back but we are still thinking positive. We finished filling the frames we had and I think I have some nice things. Time will tell.

The visit was not in vain however, as we bought some wonderful corn from the back of the farmer's truck. It was delicious as was the romaine lettuce. Our dinner tonight was great.

Last night I had to take a pill for the nausea and it seems to have had a cumulative effect as today that aspect of my problems was absent. Hallelujah!

2 comments:

sarah said...

Hi there!

this is sarah, mama of Elliot and friend of Matt. Just wanted to say that I appreciated your comment on our blog so much! Matt is such a dear; I'll be very proud if I do half as well with my boy. :)

all my best to you!!!!!

ps: fun to look at your blog! especially because your writing reminds me of matt's! sweet to see family resemblance, in prose.

Gail Peck said...

I'd say that is quite a compliment(about the writing) and I will take any and all! Good luck to you with Elliot.

So This is Springtime