Monday, November 17, 2008

Baby it's Cold Outside


Last week the news was the heat--today it is the cold. That's Florida November weather for you. The cold front came through on Saturday evening, lowering the temperatures by more than 20 degrees. Bruce left the house at 7:15 Sunday morning to begin the set up. He was dressed in shorts, flip flops, and a t-shirt with a denim shirt as a jacket. While loading the Element he decided that 45 degree weather required at least the addition of a sweater over the t. Trading his flip flops for tennis shoes, he took off early because Dana had requested that everyone be set up by 9:45 which we made by a few minutes. BTW--he endured much teasing from everyone about his shorts.

The mayor was scheduled to be at the market promptly at 10 to lend support for a Spinal Cord Injury fund raiser and Dana wanted to show it off. Up he waltzed to my booth first (because I've got a primo space at the entrance), eventually making his way to all 60 vendors to say hello. People gathered early to take part in the walk around the lake to support the charity. Promptly the market emptied, never really getting very busy all day. Remember that cold start? Later on the weather was gorgeous; a little crisp with glorious blue skies. I suspect the food and wine festival on the other side of the lake did nothing to help our cause! Nonetheless I did alright.

Driving a MINI Cooper is a lot of fun, but there are aspects of it which are not. We have many streets paved in brick which I'd learned to avoid because it was so bumpy in the baby car. I now feel as if I'm gliding down those streets in the new car. I'm really happy with my choice.

While I was plying my wares Mr. Bruce was hard at work in the back yard to spruce things up. He pressure washed the patio and put down to date 16 bags of mulch. The weather for the rehearsal dinner should be perfect for outdoor entertaining. He filled all the torches and put twinkly lights in a large palm. I couldn't wait to get home to see how things looked. At nightfall it looked lovely. I still need him to put the leaf in the table; I knew how to do it in the old table (not that I could do it because of the weight) however I've no idea how the new table works. It is stored under that table rather than under the bed!

The plans for the house decorations are coming along after a few shopping trips. I'm thinking Angela will help me tomorrow afternoon after I return from the museum.

Matt arrives on Wednesday! Happy day! Carol arrives on Thursday and Jonathan and Alissa get in on Friday night. Jonathan has a business trip to Boston this week, returning Friday in time to catch his flight to Orlando. I suspect these are going to be busy, busy days.

I'm still waiting for Roger to finish the gift. Once it is all hung I'll show it off.

The image today is from a small lake nearby aptly named Emerald Lake.

1 comment:

feasting-on-pixels (terrie) said...

Lovely image, cher Gail...
but cold is here, 19 degrees this day...to us you have a heat wave...lol...

So This is Springtime