Friday, November 14, 2008

A Party to Plan


Wednesday night I went over to Ginger to attend a trunk show from an up and coming Orlando designer. Aimee expressed concern that the attendance wouldn't be that good so I went to show my support. Realizing that I'd be just a few blocks from Knowles Chapel, the site of the wedding next Saturday, I decided to take my tripod along and photograph it at night. I was really hoping to include the nearly full moon, alas, that was impossible. Clouds, not to mention trees, prevented that from happening. It's no secret that people look at you funny when you are carrying a tripod around. Oh yeah, about the trunk show--there were more than enough ladies.

Our party is next Thursday night. I started getting serious about it yesterday calling Angela over for a brainstorming session. She's much better at decorating than I am coming up with some great ideas. I'd not even thought about Margaritas to go with the chili, but she did, even supplying the tequila and a large bottle of mix. I bought some new flowers for out back and Mr. Bruce is going to make sure all the outdoor lighting is in tip top shape. I'm having one of our market vendors deliver a variety of decorated cupcakes with some sort of apparatus to display them on. All candles were brought out of drawers and closets for potential use.

The DVD is not going so well however. I've scanned all the photos and even put them on a disc but it must be in the wrong format because the tv did not recognize it. I've no doubt Matt will be able to sort it all out when he arrives on Wednesday. He's flying to America as you read this. He'll spend a few days in Chicago, a few in Atlanta, and then home for about ten days. As you can imagine, I'm delighted.

Lisa has a clutch handbag I can use for which I'm grateful. Finally some good news from the Spak household--Danny had a new PSA, and although it isn't perfect, it is way improved meaning that at the moment no further treatment is necessary. Doesn't that just make your day? It does mine.

Guess who just walked in the door early? Yes, he's home before six which is simply amazing. Bruce traveled all week, missing his flight yesterday afternoon and not arriving home last night until after Ms. Camera Crazy was sound asleep. Time to re-connect.




----------------
Listening to: The Magic Numbers - Love Me Like You
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

So This is Springtime