Skip to main content

Gail Moves Indoors....

At least for one night anyway! It was back to the streets first thing Saturday morning.

The weekend was pretty much a blur. Per my last post you know that I was staying very busy on Friday, and in fact, was a few minutes late to the show if you can believe it. I almost left without the camera and had to run back in to get it. I gave Bruce the Nikon and said it was set on Auto--not enough instruction. He dislikes (as we all do) using the flash, so he held it down when it tried to fire, causing motion on nearly every image. Thus you see my back. Or maybe you do--I seem to be having all sorts of trouble uploading pictures to the blog. I'm definitely on a learning curve switching back to Picasa.

Last night after two markets I learned on the job how to upload pictures to Picasa web albums straight from Picasa. I did have some good news on Sunday--Orange County Convention Bureau wants to use some of my pictures I take at the market. We're trying to figure out how to make that viable. I also had a blockbuster day at the market--you just never know.

Anyway back to the indoor thing. It was great and went by very quickly. My beloved support system came out which was so appreciated. As well, there were loads of other people, including some influential(in Orlando anyway) art folks; I suspect they were not there for me, but still...

Although I did not sell any of the framed pieces, I did sell at least five of the matted prints--or at least I think that is what sold. Maybe it was my prices, maybe my product, but I was the only one to sell anything. Actually I did not handle the sales, the gallery people did, however, for sure I know that the swimming toad sold, which proves I don't know much. While Matt was home he helped me choose the three images to submit for publicity; one was of the toad I found swimming in our pool. I protested--"no one will want to buy a toad!", but he insisted. I've known him long enough to know not to argue. How I wish he were nearer to home! Actually I would completely overwhelm him with my output; I'm sure the distance is somewhat of a godsend, if you know what I mean.

After the show we had some dinner with our Orlando sons and their wife and girlfriend. I went straight to bed, getting up early to prepare for the Saturday market which was just fine. The weather couldn't be better right now--great temperatures and gorgeous blue skies. Ditto, Sunday as far as weather goes. When I got home we went to the movies for a little afternoon date. We saw Gran Torino, Clint Eastwood's new movie. It was good, but no Slumdog Millionaire! I was SO tired from everything I was fast asleep a little after 8, getting a solid ten hours of sleep!

I spent Sunday talking, talking, talking! The market was packed and there were very few minutes when I didn't have someone in the booth, either a customer, or a friend. I'll need to remember this come summer. We went over to the wine bar after the market for a salad and a glass of wine with Dana, then homeward bound to unload. After handling my market business, I, once again, was in bed early. I just get so tired I can't stay up. In fact, as I type this I'm feeling tired all over again. It's all good though.

Now we move forward. The show will be hanging for a few more weeks then what doesn't sell will join others around here until the right time comes. From my vantage point I won't even wonder about it until then.

I swear I'm feeling a nap coming on. Do I sound like a baby or what?

Listening to: Morrissey - Sing Your Life
via FoxyTunes

Listening to: The Music - Bleed From Within
via FoxyTunes
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Garment Sewing Continues

A headline I read online, from one of the local news outlets, caught my attention: "2017 Homicides in Vancouver on the Rise", or something to that effect. Thinking it might be worth reading, I checked it out learning that there have been 17 homicides here in 2017. No wonder a local homicide gets plenty of attention! Contrast that to the 84 so far this year in Orlando, and you'll get a notion why I feel so safe here.

For the record, there are still beautiful leaves to be seen, they have not all fallen, but lots of them sure have. The Japanese Maple trees are outstanding with such intense color it is hard to imagine.
The park workers, on the other hand, are working mighty hard to keep the lawns mostly leaf free.
In spite of the dire weather prediction for the week, we've had no rain until today, and what we are having is very minimal; good news for me as I'm taking Baxter to the vet in about 45 minutes. I'm not wishing it to be true, however, there must be some…

Winter is Coming

Early on in this adventure, I expressed my apprehension to Irene about what it would be like in the winter. Not surprising, having never been through winter as an adult because surely what we have in Orlando is clearly not what people think of when they think of winter. She assured me that it comes on gradually, so I would have time to get used to it. She did not, however, tell me that winter oftentimes, at least in the Pacific Northwest, means fog. How exciting then to experience such dense fog, even if it was kind of spooky and weird. When one gets to be a certain age, having new experiences is just the ticket to keep one on their toes.  I decided I would be remiss if I did not show you one of the most famous sights in Stanley Park, the totem poles, in this instance, shrouded in fog.
The plaque below explains some of their meaning, however, I am somewhat surprised that they have not changed this because using the term Indian is no longer acceptable in Canada. Either Indigenous or Ab…

Oh Baxter, Our Baxter

Just when we thought things could not get any harder with Baxter, they have.
We've managed to live with the wetting inside the house using the trusty "elder dog wrap", or that's what Bruce calls it anyway. Now however, he's begun defecating in the house and it is not good. During Matt and Tom's visit, one day we were gone for a long time, so although we'd hoped he'd wait until we returned, he didn't. That we could understand, however, for several weeks now, when we take him outdoors he goes a smidgen, then, when we are gone, he goes a lot inside, more particularly on the nice big rugs that don't belong to us. Now what?

Well, next we decided to shut him in the bedroom where his bed is located, and that is why I went looking for an additional water bowl so he'd have one handy. At least, in there, the floors are wood. One day, I left without shutting the door and you can guess what happened. It gets worse. He looks so spiffy in the photo abov…