Monday, January 12, 2009

Gail Moves Indoors....


At least for one night anyway! It was back to the streets first thing Saturday morning.

The weekend was pretty much a blur. Per my last post you know that I was staying very busy on Friday, and in fact, was a few minutes late to the show if you can believe it. I almost left without the camera and had to run back in to get it. I gave Bruce the Nikon and said it was set on Auto--not enough instruction. He dislikes (as we all do) using the flash, so he held it down when it tried to fire, causing motion on nearly every image. Thus you see my back. Or maybe you do--I seem to be having all sorts of trouble uploading pictures to the blog. I'm definitely on a learning curve switching back to Picasa.

Last night after two markets I learned on the job how to upload pictures to Picasa web albums straight from Picasa. I did have some good news on Sunday--Orange County Convention Bureau wants to use some of my pictures I take at the market. We're trying to figure out how to make that viable. I also had a blockbuster day at the market--you just never know.

Anyway back to the indoor thing. It was great and went by very quickly. My beloved support system came out which was so appreciated. As well, there were loads of other people, including some influential(in Orlando anyway) art folks; I suspect they were not there for me, but still...

Although I did not sell any of the framed pieces, I did sell at least five of the matted prints--or at least I think that is what sold. Maybe it was my prices, maybe my product, but I was the only one to sell anything. Actually I did not handle the sales, the gallery people did, however, for sure I know that the swimming toad sold, which proves I don't know much. While Matt was home he helped me choose the three images to submit for publicity; one was of the toad I found swimming in our pool. I protested--"no one will want to buy a toad!", but he insisted. I've known him long enough to know not to argue. How I wish he were nearer to home! Actually I would completely overwhelm him with my output; I'm sure the distance is somewhat of a godsend, if you know what I mean.

After the show we had some dinner with our Orlando sons and their wife and girlfriend. I went straight to bed, getting up early to prepare for the Saturday market which was just fine. The weather couldn't be better right now--great temperatures and gorgeous blue skies. Ditto, Sunday as far as weather goes. When I got home we went to the movies for a little afternoon date. We saw Gran Torino, Clint Eastwood's new movie. It was good, but no Slumdog Millionaire! I was SO tired from everything I was fast asleep a little after 8, getting a solid ten hours of sleep!

I spent Sunday talking, talking, talking! The market was packed and there were very few minutes when I didn't have someone in the booth, either a customer, or a friend. I'll need to remember this come summer. We went over to the wine bar after the market for a salad and a glass of wine with Dana, then homeward bound to unload. After handling my market business, I, once again, was in bed early. I just get so tired I can't stay up. In fact, as I type this I'm feeling tired all over again. It's all good though.

Now we move forward. The show will be hanging for a few more weeks then what doesn't sell will join others around here until the right time comes. From my vantage point I won't even wonder about it until then.

I swear I'm feeling a nap coming on. Do I sound like a baby or what?

----------------
Listening to: Morrissey - Sing Your Life
via FoxyTunes

----------------
Listening to: The Music - Bleed From Within
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Back at the Homestead