Monday, February 28, 2011

Bad Connection

So, last week it was a bad finger, this week it's a bad connection. According to the Bright House folks, we need all new outside cable which is going to be slightly problematic because Bruce has it all tucked away in the fascia. Until next Saturday afternoon, our connection will be absent, spotty, or slow. Thank goodness, we can always count on our water and electricity to work!

Just like you, my days have been busy since last we met. Before I forget, I meant to share two other connection things last week. First off, my table mates at bridge are Bob and Judy, which is easy for me to remember because those were Bruce's parent's names. Bob, it turns out, is a disability and social security attorney. Knowing that my sister Maureen desperately needs disability, I asked for his card. When I called Maureen she told me she'd already hired someone to help her. I kept his card anyway, and wouldn't you know it, last week when Karen was here, I gave it to her. Karen, of the open heart, brain aneurysm, Karen. How she keeps going is beyond me. She's one tough little cookie.

As well, Bob was one of the main organizers of the Windermere Art Festival I did two springs ago. Small, small world.

And then there's this. While Nancy was here for Christmas she left this book Pitch Perfect for me to read. What a fascinating world collegiate a cappela is. Never, in my wildest imaginings would I have thought I'd be seeing one of the very groups highlighted in the book. The Tufts University Beelzebubs performed at this event  I did on Saturday. Yep, you guessed it, Dana was in charge. Here they are putting their heart and soul into performing:
As a matter of fact, they moved around so much it was really hard to get a decent shot! Bruce got home after midnight on Friday, however, he helped me set up without a single complaint. We didn't bring our walls because I had no idea what to expect, however, that worked out fine because I was able to take it all down by myself while Bruce waited patiently at home for Bright House.
Look carefully on the back left side of my booth, a new collage I made that is more affordable than my previous ones. I sold it for the second time yesterday. :)

Patient is the operative word. He was to come between 3 and 5, never actually arriving until after 6. Between Saturday and Sunday I had 30 more sales bringing my ytd number to just over 200. What a fantastic start to the year. I don't know whether it's my new product or the economy improving, but whatever is sparking it, I'm rejoicing!

Speaking of Dana, here she is with her son Cole yesterday behind my booth:
In the afternoon I was delighted Cindy and her daughter Jenna came to see me. Remember how I told you a few weeks back about Jenna getting hit by a car while she was crossing Central? She is on the mend now, and was so happy to be out in the sunshine, of which there was plenty! She's holding her right arm like that because it is still healing. The humerus broke in two, poking out the side of her arm where you see the bandage.
Much, much, much to my disappointment, Cindy was the bearer of bad news; she's leaving the museum.You may recall that I was all set to call it quits last year until Cindy convinced me otherwise. She was such a breath of fresh air that was sorely needed. To say that she'll be hard to replace is putting it mildly. Her father is dying in St. Louis---duty/love calls.

There was little time for fun this weekend what with me working both days and Bruce not getting home until I was fast asleep on Friday night. Yesterday he worked in our yard for three hours, cutting the lawn, edging, AND emptying the mower catcher 14 times! Between our own oak trees and our neighbors, it's insanely messy for several weeks. Because he's so unaccustomed to physical work these days, he was exhausted by 8:00 last night. Early to bed, early to rise. 7:30 flight this morning which was a blessing because some days it's 5:30 in the morning! The Seasons 52 in Bethesda inspects tomorrow.

We did not stay up to watch the Oscars, however, I'm delighted that "The King's Speech" won, as well it should have according to Gail.

Here's my to do list for today:
  1. Bridge homework. Yes, dear readers, there is homework involved.
  2. Mail check to Baldwin Park for upcoming show
  3. Mail a small canvas to a buyer from yesterday
  4. Deposit money at the bank, always a good thing
  5. Order from Roger, always a hard thing
  6. Order more business cards and stickers
  7. Order more bags and smarties, both of which I bought in large quantities previously
What I really want to do is go to the Central Florida Fair.  Decisions, decisions....

No comments:

Back at the Homestead