Skip to main content

Bad Connection

So, last week it was a bad finger, this week it's a bad connection. According to the Bright House folks, we need all new outside cable which is going to be slightly problematic because Bruce has it all tucked away in the fascia. Until next Saturday afternoon, our connection will be absent, spotty, or slow. Thank goodness, we can always count on our water and electricity to work!

Just like you, my days have been busy since last we met. Before I forget, I meant to share two other connection things last week. First off, my table mates at bridge are Bob and Judy, which is easy for me to remember because those were Bruce's parent's names. Bob, it turns out, is a disability and social security attorney. Knowing that my sister Maureen desperately needs disability, I asked for his card. When I called Maureen she told me she'd already hired someone to help her. I kept his card anyway, and wouldn't you know it, last week when Karen was here, I gave it to her. Karen, of the open heart, brain aneurysm, Karen. How she keeps going is beyond me. She's one tough little cookie.

As well, Bob was one of the main organizers of the Windermere Art Festival I did two springs ago. Small, small world.

And then there's this. While Nancy was here for Christmas she left this book Pitch Perfect for me to read. What a fascinating world collegiate a cappela is. Never, in my wildest imaginings would I have thought I'd be seeing one of the very groups highlighted in the book. The Tufts University Beelzebubs performed at this event  I did on Saturday. Yep, you guessed it, Dana was in charge. Here they are putting their heart and soul into performing:
As a matter of fact, they moved around so much it was really hard to get a decent shot! Bruce got home after midnight on Friday, however, he helped me set up without a single complaint. We didn't bring our walls because I had no idea what to expect, however, that worked out fine because I was able to take it all down by myself while Bruce waited patiently at home for Bright House.
Look carefully on the back left side of my booth, a new collage I made that is more affordable than my previous ones. I sold it for the second time yesterday. :)

Patient is the operative word. He was to come between 3 and 5, never actually arriving until after 6. Between Saturday and Sunday I had 30 more sales bringing my ytd number to just over 200. What a fantastic start to the year. I don't know whether it's my new product or the economy improving, but whatever is sparking it, I'm rejoicing!

Speaking of Dana, here she is with her son Cole yesterday behind my booth:
In the afternoon I was delighted Cindy and her daughter Jenna came to see me. Remember how I told you a few weeks back about Jenna getting hit by a car while she was crossing Central? She is on the mend now, and was so happy to be out in the sunshine, of which there was plenty! She's holding her right arm like that because it is still healing. The humerus broke in two, poking out the side of her arm where you see the bandage.
Much, much, much to my disappointment, Cindy was the bearer of bad news; she's leaving the museum.You may recall that I was all set to call it quits last year until Cindy convinced me otherwise. She was such a breath of fresh air that was sorely needed. To say that she'll be hard to replace is putting it mildly. Her father is dying in St. Louis---duty/love calls.

There was little time for fun this weekend what with me working both days and Bruce not getting home until I was fast asleep on Friday night. Yesterday he worked in our yard for three hours, cutting the lawn, edging, AND emptying the mower catcher 14 times! Between our own oak trees and our neighbors, it's insanely messy for several weeks. Because he's so unaccustomed to physical work these days, he was exhausted by 8:00 last night. Early to bed, early to rise. 7:30 flight this morning which was a blessing because some days it's 5:30 in the morning! The Seasons 52 in Bethesda inspects tomorrow.

We did not stay up to watch the Oscars, however, I'm delighted that "The King's Speech" won, as well it should have according to Gail.

Here's my to do list for today:
  1. Bridge homework. Yes, dear readers, there is homework involved.
  2. Mail check to Baldwin Park for upcoming show
  3. Mail a small canvas to a buyer from yesterday
  4. Deposit money at the bank, always a good thing
  5. Order from Roger, always a hard thing
  6. Order more business cards and stickers
  7. Order more bags and smarties, both of which I bought in large quantities previously
What I really want to do is go to the Central Florida Fair.  Decisions, decisions....
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bodies of Water

Raise your hand if you think you can identify the location of this lovely scene? Before our excursion on Saturday, I certainly would have kept my arm straight by my side because I would have had no clue. This is the park on the shores of East Lake Tohopekaliga in downtown St. Cloud, Florida. I've included Florida because there is a town named the same in Minnesota, not far from a restaurant Bruce built, and there might just be someone from Minnesota that comes across this blog and thinks, that's not my town! 
At any rate, Bruce's superintendent in Plano is doing a fabulous job which means Mr. Peck is not having to kill himself, performing as both Project Manager, and the field Super. It's about time that he got a bit of a break, so when I asked him if he was up for a Saturday excursion to St. Cloud, he agreed. Both of us have driven by the exit to this little town on countless occasions, but never had either of us actually been there before. 28 miles from Orlando, it i…

And Just Like That....

another weekend has arrived! My, how the time flies when you are old. The date for our move to Vancouver in early July just keeps getting closer and closer! In the meantime, we are staying busy.

Matt and Tom have an anniversary coming up, yes, it has been three years already at the end of the month. You will not be surprised that I made a quilt to honor the occasion which I sent a week or so ago, thinking it would take some time. You never really know. In this instance it took only one week and since I sent it to Matt's workplace, he opened it right up and sent me a text to say he loved it! That was a relief because it is a little different than some quilts I've made. When I had only the top pieced Bruce was a little skeptical of the end result, however, after the addition of spiral quilting, and ORANGE binding, he was a convert!
For a touch of whimsy, I used a fabric with drawn kitty cats for Tom. The beginning of the spiral is somewhat sketchy, but I did the best that I coul…

Hither and Yon

Looking back on things, it does seem kind of crazy I did not know what was happening to me. No more so than on Saturday when we took a little trip to Steveston. But first we went to Richmond, a largely Asian community to meet up with the fellow who makes all of the furniture for Earls restaurants. By hand no less. Well, machines are involved, of course. Sewing machines and all manner of wood working tools. But, we'll get to that in a moment.

First, let's take the Canada Line to Broadway and Cambie Street, shall we?
The Canada Line actually runs from the waterfront all the way to both the airport and Richmond. Now you know.

Back in early July, the day we were having one of our two garage sales, we quit early to attend Judy's retirement party which was just lovely. So, not only was the party great, but Judy's sister Margie gave me a Lonely Planet guide to Vancouver and has it ever been helpful, with suggested neighborhood walks, points of interest, maps...the whole sheba…