Sunday, January 15, 2012

Mama Cardinal

It's cold outside. It's market day. What am I going to wear to stay comfortable throughout the long day outside? Mmm.....

Rather than decide just yet I just had to show you a few more cardinal pictures. I'm sure you're sick of them no doubt, nevertheless, indulge me if you will.

I was freaking out when I saw this on the camera.
Now, if only it were perfect. Normally our cardinals eat in the morning or evening, thus, rarely am I able to photograph them in bright sunlight. I'm thinking they are eating more now because they are building a nest at a location yet to be determined. Mama, in particular, will stay put for some time, whereas Papa is always an eat and run kinda guy.

The Nuttery is now in a perfect location for me to not only see, but hear our little bird family. In the sunlight she looks beautiful don't you think?
What is so cool about the previous photo to me is how red her feathers are that we normally don't see. She's hiding her good looks most of the time. What is also so cool is how agile these birds are, twisting and contorting to get at the food.
Fantastic, huh?

Now that I've gotten that out of the way it's time to get this show on the road. When I open my closet after showering, some outfit will speak to me. We'll talk more tomorrow.

Wish me luck!
Gail


No comments:

A Low Level of Anxiety