Skip to main content

I Can Hear Clearly Now

They may be a slight exaggeration, but I know any day now I will.

For the last few weeks I've had quite the time with mucous. I know that sounds gross, but I'm only being honest with you. Night after night, the stand beside my bed would have a pile of tissues on it by morning. Well, as it turns out, this nuisance led to otitis media with effusion, which led to me not being able to hear out of my left ear, which has proven to be a bother for more reasons than one. I was lucky indeed to get in to see Dr. Parillo on Wednesday afternoon, during which time he diagnosed my problem, and put me on a steroid pack along with a nasal spray. It is simply remarkable what medicine can do for a person. Although my hearing is still not back, the mucous problem is abating, and eventually I will once again be able to hear. Or, that is how it is supposed to work! Tincture of time, as my old friend Dr. March would say. Tincture of time.

Michele, my sister-in-law in Minnesota remarked that my last post covered a lot of ground. Where has she been? Don't they all?

Let's begin with the sky, shall we? Because B went to Tyson's Corner yesterday, I went out to get the newspaper this morning, something he likes to do. It was sweet with the little half moon between the bare-ish (not a word, but let's use it anyway!) trees, and dawn just lighting the sky. As well, the streetlight.
A light trifecta!! Yesterday, it just so happens that I took a photo of the end of that day while I was meeting up with the gang at Hillstones to celebrate Catherine's birthday. Lovely, as well.
The plan was to meet for drinks lakeside on the beautiful grounds, however, most of us are weather wimps, and thought it was too cold! Probably 60 degrees at sunset. We are due for some even colder weather this weekend, however, the skies will continue their sunny ways and you know how that makes everything better. Or, at least I think so.

I nearly freaked while coming home last night. Pulling up to the stop light at Ferncreek and Michigan, glancing to my left, what should I see, but Road Warrior parked in front of Johnny's Fillin Station! Some of you know, while others do not, but this VW van, which to date I had seen once two years ago, has made me a fair amount of money. Relatively speaking, mind you. Anyway, the day I saw it backing into Lake Conway was a good one for me. I have always wondered why, in this small part of town, I'd never seen it again. Not the best photo taken out the car window, but it'll do.
Now I have. :)

Are you wondering how the other sofa looks? Wonder no more!! As a review, here's the before:
Ta Da!!
The fabric swatches on the couch are me wondering about throw pillows. I've made one using the brown pillow pictured above, covered with the middle fabric. In a first for me, I learned how to put the button in the middle. Could I possibly be happier with the outcome of the sofas? No, an emphatic no!

Bruce did some frame painting the other day, completing five of them.
We tried, or I should say, he tried, a new color mix on the flower pot one, taken at Sue's house, if you're wondering. Bruce cringes any time I change one out at the market because he is very particular, which I know comes as no surprise to some of you, on how the canvases go in the frame.
The bench brush on the far left belonged to my father. And yes, there is a red coat of paint, followed by, I believe it is called Sea Glass. What do you think?

In more painting news, we saw this on Saturday coming home from Bill's house.
I wonder if he's coming back to finish the job?

Let's move on to food. Remember me talking about roasted cauliflower and how I like it dark? I was not kidding.
Yummy! So, that is quite the easy dish to make. I learned the hard way about another food I'm fixing to show you--not quite so easy. While picking up orange juice I noticed both the sign and contraption.
Inside the store I duly noted the pecans bagged in either one pound, or five. I chose the one. Although the sign said they would only crack the bigger bags, he offered to do mine. Well, cracking and shelling are two entirely different things as I was to learn. Here's how they look when they come out.
Although delicious, getting them out of those shells is not the easiest, making me think , going forward, I may just be sticking to the bagged ones at Costco. It did, on the other hand, remind both of us of our childhood when shelled nuts were quite the luxury. I am wondering what sort of machine does that?

Had enough of me for the day?

You might think by now I would run out of things to write about wouldn't you? Not yet my friends, not yet!
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Photograph Overload

Don't say I did not warn you!!

Firstly, I wonder what Spring is going to be like, having already mostly experienced it this Winter.

And we are off on some adventures!!

I hardly know where to start, but perhaps we will go backward in time....is there anyone amongst my readers that live in Central Florida that does not like azalea blooming time? I should hope not.
Then too, the camellias are blooming everywhere, and what's not to like about that? Not a thing my friends.
Both of these photographs were taken in the back yard of my new friends that have the house where the Eagle has landed. This morning, instead of putting it off, I took off on my bicycle just as the sun was rising. It was plenty warm already, so there were no excuses to be found. Riding as fast as I could to the Lake Conway ramp, the sun had just broken the horizon creating a beautiful rosy glow.
Eagle hunting followed, and sure enough it was way up in the Pine tree, basically the usual spot, except when it is not…

Doings in Orlando

"Cheryle, are you kidding me? You want me to come help YOU decorate your tree?" Desperate is what she was, because if anyone knows how to decorate, it is Cheryle!
Seriously...how cool is this? Before you even go inside you have awesome things to look at, including this cool "tree" she copied from a small version found in a Crate & Barrel catalog.
Super great red lighting on the palms..Christmas, Florida style.
Friends helping friends might be how you would describe the gumbo she made from Pam's turkey carcass. Following the gumbo, we set to work while Bruce watched television following a busy week. David, Cheryle's husband, has a full schedule singing in various choirs during the holidays including the Bach choir, directed by none other than the music minister at our new church. Having lived for much of her adult life in Chicago, it was only fitting that this, in the year of the Cubs big World Series win, be the first ornament on the tree.
Saturday I sp…

Drive, Eat, Sleep--Repeat

Technically I did none of the driving, but the title wouldn't be near as catchy if I'd included riding, don't you think?

So, the yard is cleaned of storm debris, the pool is clean, the laundry is going, and I've been to Dr. Parillo for a follow-up visit. Now it is time to blog!!

Let us get started with the statistics of our fantastic journey:


We flew 892 miles to Cinncinatti.We flew 1,318 miles home from Manchester, NHBruce drove 1,300 miles!We traveled in parts of six states, as well as CanadaOur interstate traveling was at a bare minimum allowing us to go through countless towns, villages, and beautiful countryside From my window seat.... So that's the dry stuff, let's get into the good stuff, shall we? I heard from a few of you that you could not wait to see the photographs from the trip which was a very nice thing to hear.  I hope you are not disappointed, because not only did I not take a gazillion photos, the ones I did are just so-so for various reasons, …