Thursday, February 26, 2015

I Took a Bath the Other Day

And it was just what the doctor ordered. Seriously!

No kidding, I bet it has been more than five years since last I filled our bathtub with super hot water, and took a nice soak. Lovely, actually.

From my last post everyone assumed I was getting near the end of things, and oh, I wish that were true, however, it was not. Over the weekend I began noticing some other problems which I kept wishing away. Unfortunately that did me no good.

So, Monday I called the office, and explained my situation, hoping that a phone call would solve things. But, it did not. Please come in Tuesday morning. Twice in the span of five days when I'd gone SEVEN years without a visit to the doctor? Say it ain't so!

By the morning I was once again a weak and sick puppy, having Bruce drive me the mile there! My bp numbers were so good, probably because I was so down by then. Anyway, I'll spare you the details, but following an examination, and another prescription, I am, once again on the mend.

Bringing cheer to me throughout the weekend, this lovely bouquet arrived from Tom's Mum, and Dad. Such a beautiful array of colors!
After yet another day on the couch, during which time I watched four, yes four documentaries. Thank God for Netflix, or should I say thank Jon and Alissa as we are sharing their service! Here's what I watched in order:

  • 20 Feet from Stardom: Highly interesting and entertaining look at the singers who make the big stars sound good. And, sometimes look good. 
  • Good Ol' Freda: Another winner about the 17 year old girl who was secretary to the Beatles! As a former President of a Beatles fan club this was right up my alley. If you can imagine, thinking of how people (me) share everything, she kept silent about her role for 50 years!
  • The Artist is Present: A documentary about Marina Abramovic, the performance artist, I watched this thinking I would not really like it, but, much to my surprise I did. 
  • Gerhard Richter Painting: Recently one of Richter's paintings sold for 45 million dollars! How does he do his work--watch and see.
Thinking of my fan club days, and my children have heard this story more than once, I believe I was president because I started it. That's one thing, the other is that in a case of total mortification for a 10 year old, the refreshments I served at our home, at my Mother's behest, were water and saltine crackers. I suppose today some folks might applaud the lack of sugar, however, even to this day, I am not one of them.

Before my life was turned upside down, at least in the short run, I spray painted some vases purchased at an estate sale. I'm trying to add small bits of the aqua family because of the new sofa.
Bruce has the spray station set up on the side of the house making it easy to fiddle around with spray paint. Anyway, yesterday I was up and about, not doing much, but at least not on the couch. I spray painted a heart thing I bought at Hobby Lobby. I think they call it pressboard? This morning I went out and saw it in the day light.
Now you see the previous paint job joined to the last one! You'll notice the water; a wild and windy rainstorm came through during the overnight hours. So wild and windy, the rain lashed the screen of the open window above my head. Around 5 this morning I woke to tiny sprinkles of rain on my face! 

What is the heart for? In a first for me,  I'm copying something I saw on the internet. Bruce is in Virginia, so after a terrific two hour phone call with Karen Hirsch, I began making this:
It is a bit like doing a jig saw puzzle trying to make it all fit together. What does B being in Virginia have to do with anything? Well, the question of dinner, such as it has been the last eleven days, did not come up. I am eating again, however, my appetite is certainly diminished for now.

I do have some excellent news and that is that last night I took my final Flagyl. I cannot tell you enough how happy this makes me, in more ways than one. The first thing Bruce said when returning from picking it up a week ago Monday was, "honey, I have some bad news for you; drinking wine while on the medicine is a big fat no-no." Apparently the side effects of doing so can make you just as sick as the colitis, so naturally I did not chance it. Just when I thought the day would arrive to once again imbibe, I read that it is best to wait three days after taking it! I'm thinking, if all goes according to plan, that a Saturday date night might be the time to reinstate my wine drinking ways!

And now to another bath.....

No comments:

A Low Level of Anxiety