Wednesday, April 28, 2010

It's a Baby

Make sure you check out previous post to make sense of this one!

The weather is exceedingly beautiful today which is why I could hear the cardinals so well. 70 degrees + 0 humidity=Perfection
I was stalking the male and female cardinals, trying to catch them flitting about the yard. All of a sudden I looked up and here was this little guy on the shed roof!
No wonder, mom and dad were hanging about so.

I had to run in the house for a second and once I got back out, he/she was gone. Maybe some could tell if this baby is a male or female, but I'm not one of them for the sake of this post, I'll call it a boy. Anyway, I knew he couldn't have gone far. I searched around the yard, finding him camouflaged in the palm. A lot of the chirping I was hearing came from this little guy.
If I had the patience to wait, I would have seen him fly from the roof which I'm sure would have been quite a sight!

I watched him for a while, coming in to finish my post and now he's gone again. Cute little bugger, don't you think?

2 comments:

matt said...

love these, Mom

Lisa Spak said...

y birds are so loud right now & I was surprised to see it was one tiny bird at my roof peak making all the noise!!

A Low Level of Anxiety