Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Four Cameras

With all the writing I've been doing lately, you'd think I didn't take very many pictures. You'd think wrong. If you can imagine, today I used all four of my cameras, each of which are good for specific tasks. Sadly, the Panasonic pocket camera I bought last year has never gotten the use my former one did. I don't know if it is me, or the camera, but I mostly haven't had too much luck using it. I still, on the other hand, use my workhorse Panasonic Z8 that I've had for nearly four years now. I can always rely on that camera, in fact, although it's just a point and shoot with a long zoom, some of my best selling photographs have been taken with it. I started off the day reading this essay,  Natural Aging.
I am all about natural aging.

As such, after getting myself dolled up for my museum stint, to use an old-fashioned term, I brought my tripod in my bathroom to record the moment. My hair has looked like hell the last few days, what with swimming and yard work, time to remember what it looks like if I fix it!
As you can see, I didn't know where to look in the mirror! So, I tried again:
Even though I cut myself off, at least I was looking at the camera! I brought my Olympus to the museum which was slow as usual. I shot this of the flower beds with it:

 Today there was a volunteer appreciation lunch which broke up the time!
The grounds are oh so lovely. Mr. Polasek's Pan is there to watch over us. After leaving the museum, I went to see Corrine. This time I got out my pocket camera:
I'm happy to say that she is out of ICU, and doing considerably better. While talking today she told me the story of her first husband dying after coming in from mowing the lawn. Very sad indeed. I don't know when she's coming home just yet; her heart has the nerve to behave like it is 85 years old! She and I discussed the fact that she never in her wildest dreams imagined she would live so long. I know I can't imagine living nearly 30 more years!

It's the city calendar contest time once again. The neighborhood is Lake Ivanhoe, which is just down the street from Florida Hospital where Corrine is staying. I stopped at Lake Ivanhoe and brought out the baby camera, using the black and white film grain setting. They want black and white, however, after trying this, I don't think they will be happy with the grain. I kinda like it though.
I will definitely be going back with a longer zoom to photograph lotus flowers!

Next stop--Mr. Roger's house to check up on his progress. Slow and steady.

Poor, poor Baxter! This morning Bruce left early while I was still sleeping. When I got up around 7, Baxter was on his couch perch sleeping. For some reason I thought he'd gone out. He had not. Arriving home just before 4 this afternoon, I was met at the door by Baxter who was mighty glad to see me. No wonder! I put my things down and said--"let's go get the mail!" He did not hesitate one second. I swear I've never seen him pee so long! 

Walking around the yard I saw a few things I wanted to share with you, necessitating me to get out the Nikon D60, which is not in the greatest working order after it fell from the counter at the Polasek. The camera works, the flash does not. Plus, the sensor is dirty. I'm still puzzling about what to do with it. Meanwhile I use it when it seems like the thing to do! Bruce dug this up when working in the bed,
Neither of us can imagine how it got there. Finally, here's the bed itself with the Nandina staked,
I know it's crazy having so many cameras--it's giving me fits trying to decide which two to take on our holiday which is only 30 days away. The older I get, the faster time goes making this seem like no time at all. It's not enough to have to wonder what clothes to pack....decisions, decisions.

No comments:

A Low Level of Anxiety