For the past months I have taken a lot of people photographs, not really my specialty, but I do the best I can. There was the more than a thousand at the pickleball tournament, two weddings, a memorial service and then there was VBS, accounting for countless more thousands.
With that in mind, let us have a look at what is happening in our yard and sweet home on Campbell Street, shall we?
You betcha!
As I was carrying something to our office from the kitchen I glanced to my left and what to my wondering eyes should I see but this site through the window in the door to the back porch and yard!!
Picture me flipping out, calling out to Bruce, "come quick!!!", and both of us racing down the stairs to the basement in order to see this magical sight through the sliding glass doors. Neither of us can remember seeing a deer laying down, and especially not in our backyard!! I'm thinking they were enjoying the shade from the penetrating sun, using the gigantic magnolia tree as their umbrella.For what we think was ten minutes, they rested; I had gone out the front door and around through the fairy garden in order to see them a little bit closer without frightening them away.
As soon as one got up, they all got up and trotted through our neighbor's yards to parts unknown.What an unexpected blessing!! As well, one day I was standing right near the zinnias when a Tiger Swallowtail butterfly landed on one of the bloom,s so close to me it was crazy. I've done a fair amount of watching butterflies in my time and never before has one come so close to me. It was magical.Here's some exciting news: Bruce's watch has been repaired and looks better than it has for years!! I am including this because in the future we will wonder about it and won't have to wonder too long because I have a handy search engine on my blog that has helped us countless times. We say to one another, when did this happen? I never remember, but my blog does!!
I'm feeling good and this recent saga will be a thing of the past soon. Hallelujah!
I did want to show you this drawing that the cardiologist made for me to demonstrate how A-Fib works. Perhaps I mentioned that he was kind?
Before we move to the home pictures, let's take a look at a fun activity from last week. Our friend Curt, who has been struggling with his health for far too long is feeling some improved and having a bunch of fellows play a pickleball tournament in his driveway was just the medicine he needed to keep him on the upswing.Their view is SO impressive; I especially like it when there are clouds in the mountains.Nancy is a wonderful hostess and makes things look effortless. She asked if I would come along to keep her company, but in reality she can hold her own with all the men, having been raised with five brothers on a dairy farm in Minnesota.For the record, her quilting puts mine to shame!Here's a picture of our sweet town all decked out for America 250!
I just realized I have not taken any photos of the astonishing hanging baskets around downtown. I'm correcting that this week! The are so big it boggles the mind.Supporting the local farmer's market is something we like to do on Saturday mornings, knowing how important it is to show support, not just showing up but spending money! More customers, means more vendors, means more customers, we know the formula, having lived that life for ten years. Dana taught us that. This week we came home with some nice items, including colored eggs, (love) even though they taste no different, pickled carrots, some onion rolls and a cinnamon bun for the man of the house.
The little bowl of tomatoes came from my plants. Can you believe it?? I have no idea why they are so small but they are pretty darn tasty, especially considering how bad the plants look right now!One vendor, a woman, sells a variety of live worms. The quarter, placed by her, is to give a size perspective. We did not buy any.Oh good grief, this will give you a laugh. A carrot that has been in the ground for four+ months!!!
The tops are pretty so we have just let them be, however curiosity got the best of me last week, thus the photo of a poor excuse for a carrot!Last Friday night was the monthly art walk with glass artists featured at one of the galleries. The artist below teaches classes and I'm thinking of taking one of them for fused glass class. The tea light holder in the foreground is what she is making.
We ran into our good friend, Jayne who corrected me when I told the person I was introducing her to that she was 92. Not so fast Gail!! Only 91.She makes all manner of things, including the jewelry behind her. We know multiple, mostly women, over 90 and it just amazes me how lively they are. Always keeping busy is their secret.Sadly, in the last month or so, two friends near our age, have died. Jeanette and Susan were their names and I met them both at work, spending years working side by side. May they rest in peace.
Last Thursday we hosted a "listening session" at our home and it went well.
We had no idea what it was when we said yes to hosting; now we know that when a new pastor comes to town, he wants to listen to the congregation in order to get to know them in an intimate setting and allow them to learn more about, in this case, Evan. Intimate is the operative word in our small living room, although there were several more people there not pictured. Little Porter was a delight. Notably, a rainstorm began and oh my word, as 9 PM rolled around, the lightening was fierce. Whether I have written about it before or not, please forgive me for being repetitive, but goodness gracious, thunder booms in the mountains unlike in Florida where there is no echo involved. Twice last night we were awoken because of thunder.
No comments:
Post a Comment