Monday, January 21, 2008

Because I Care



Yeah, the sun has come back out bringing warmer temperatures!

I couldn't resist posting this--I saw it on my drive out to Costco to pick up my 4 X 6 prints for entry photos. I am very pleased with the results.

If you can imagine I got out of Costco for only $70--practically a record. Here's what that bought:
dishwasher soap
dog food
chicken breasts
food wrap
mixed nuts
golden pineapple
slice of pizza for lunch
25 4x6 prints

Most of the above will last for months--an excellent bargain. In another piece of exciting news, the nice lads in the tire area will put air in your tires if you ask. I've been going there for years unaware of this important fact!!!! I'm no good at it, and as you well know, Mr. Bruce is busy, busy, busy. It slips our mind. I got 30 mph on the way to Melbourne with tires 8 lbs. low--imagine what I'll get now.

Because the weather was so wonderful I needed to take some photos. I stopped at the horse barn near the house; always good subjects there. This time was no exception, but my best subject was not four-legged. A darling four year old girl was there visiting the horses with her mom. She came to me wanting her picture made when she saw my camera. What a ham!! Besides her playful nature, her little face was painted. I know that sounds crazy, but it was. She had very red lipstick smeared around (and some on) her lips, dark eyebrow pencil sketched on golden brows, mascara, both on her eyelashes and lids, and red nail polish. Did I forget to mention the sparkly stuff on her face? Her mom agreed that I could take the pictures, an unexpected pleasure. It turns out, she is learning disabled, and maybe some other problem I've forgotten. Her mom said Tess liked to take photos too. I allowed her to use my camera and on flickr you can see that she did a fine job taking my picture. Tess rides horses as part of her therapy and is fearless around them. They were feeding carrots to the horses before I met them.

All,in all, a very satisfying morning.

----------------
Now playing: Van Morrison - And it Stoned Me
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Back at the Homestead