Tuesday, April 15, 2008

MINI and Other Stuff


http://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gifMaxi MINI
I guess when the test is positive the doctor calls, in my case the nurse called. I swear that is the last test I'll do. I feel like I'm going crazy sometimes. Before some of you became intimately familiar with my daily life I was crazy healthy. In fact, I never gave it much thought. True, they have not been able to pinpoint my problem, but I know my own body, and it is not the same one I inhabited for 52 years. What's a poor girl to do?

I just finished dinner way too late. Yeah, and yeah again, Matt called, we talked for nearly two hours. He is such a dear son. As I suspected he's doing well, out and about in London all the time.

Speaking of dinner, I was thinking I wanted to share a few food thoughts:

Grape tomatoes are awesome.

The best way to seed a jalapeƱo pepper is with the handle of a spoon, or fork. Flip it over and drag it down the middle once you've cut it in two. I used to read recipes that suggested you wear gloves which scared me away from them; no need to be fearful. This method keeps your hands relatively unscathed with the heat from the seeds. One caveat however, never touch the pepper and then your face in any way. From experience I can tell you it is not a good idea.

Most people think grilling when they think about hamburgers or steak; I beg to differ with them. My favorite method is a HOT cast iron skillet. Years ago while crossing the Sunshine Skyway Bridge, a dreadfully scary experience for bridge phobiacs like myself, I kept my face glued to the magazine from The New York Times. If you've never been exposed to it, I can't recommend the magazine enough, but that's for another day. At any rate, I read an article about putting kosher salt on the bottom of the skillet while heating. When you let your meat (sorry Matt, my vegan son) sear in the hot skillet it develops a wonderful crust if you will. This works beautifully for steak as well.

I was a bit adrift today. Bruce is gone, the weather has turned unseasonably cold, and nothing scheduled. Later in the week will be crazy.



----------------
Listening to: Razorlight - Golden Touch
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like cherry tomatoes you are "awesome"

Amaya said...

I might try the hamburger recommendation tonight. And I too love cherry tomatoes. Grape tomatoes even more.

So This is Springtime