Saturday, April 12, 2008

Technotard


This Would Be Me
I read the term "technotard" in The New Yorker a few weeks ago; I know it is not very politically correct, but I'm thinking when one applies it to oneself, it's ok.

Which brings up the point that I'm more tech savvy then some my age, way less than others. I may have mentioned that Mr. Roger gave me a copy of Photoshop Elements to use for my Mac. I've managed to load it, but to date, still have no clue how to use it. I figure, for the most part, I either got a good picture, or I didn't.

I am so agreeing with the author of the article about WAY too many choices in everything--I believe we've discussed that in the past; stop me before I belabor that rant.

We finally got to go on a lovely date last evening. My poor honey is so worn out with his workload and the stress that comes with it. He graciously said yes when I suggested we go to Houston's in Winter Park. Although we've not been for a while my memories of the place were good. Now, they are excellent. It's lakeside with attractive lawn furniture cozily arranged. In addition there is a large boat house with more chairs and tables, a beautiful place to watch the sunset and bask in the spring breezes with a cocktail in hand. The lighting is wonderful as is the food. They've planted a raised bed kitchen garden with an amazing assortment of herbs, vegetables, and fruit. There are orange, grapefruit, and lemon trees along with blooming strawberries. All in all, a complete delight for the senses, particularly when you are with the one you love.

----------------
Listening to: Badly Drawn Boy - Silent Sigh
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

So This is Springtime