Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Looking Forward/Back

The amazing Mr. Bruce (sans beard) in one of his new Frank Lloyd Wright t-shirts I gave him for Christmas. Did I tell you that a customer asked on Sunday if we were newlyweds? We both just laughed at that one.

Here is the new walk I mentioned yesterday. I thought briefly about sweeping it before taking this photograph but quickly decided otherwise. The leaves are falling in earnest. Isn't it snazzy?

Thanks to Dave and Michelle for the birthday gift card to Nordstrom where I purchased this new watch. As some of you know I'm crazy for Skagen watches; this new addition makes five for me. I've got a green band, gold band, two types of silver bands, and one black with white flowers on it. Yikes, I can't count--this makes six. I thought a white one would be fun, especially with the rose gold that matches one of the bands in my Trinity ring. I may not be able to find a pair of jeans that fit me, but by golly, watches do!

So, you may be asking yourself, "self, what does the title of this entry have to do with anything I've read so far?" Well....read on my friends.

Early this morning, while it was still dark outside, I spent some time browsing back over my blog from this time last year. Actually I had to browse through more than just that, but you understand. I wondered where I was in this journey last January. Yesterday, while chatting with the young woman who comes in after me at the museum, I mentioned the show. Her response was, "What a great way to begin the New Year!" I hadn't thought of it that way. I'd been focusing on the whole business of the last few weeks to get to this point. She, and rightly so, pointed out how exciting it is.

Thus, my reflection on what I was writing about etc. One funny thing is that yesterday I took a new profile picture, lo and behold, on January 7 last year I posted a new profile picture. Am I a creature of habit or what? Actually if I keep this blogging up I can have a record of the aging process. Think about that silly word I used--process, it sounds just plain weird.

One thing I noticed while scanning through last year is that there have been lots of ideas, excitement, and some disappointment (but not too much). Most everything that happened was unexpected which I'll take to mean that whatever happens this year, most of it I can't imagine as I type this. What seems like will be awesome sometimes isn't, and the other way around. There's really just no way to predict the future; certainly I'll make plans, but as the quote goes...."the best-laid plans often go astray."

Somethings in this article from the NYT to consider in the new year regarding our cooking supplies and habits. Food for Thought

After all this serious talk, let me leave you with something fun:

Apple Introduces Revolutionary New Laptop With No Keyboard

For some unknown reason Blogger is not uploading my pictures, boo, hiss. I'll try later!

No comments:

A Week Ago Tuesday