Skip to main content

Looking Forward/Back

The amazing Mr. Bruce (sans beard) in one of his new Frank Lloyd Wright t-shirts I gave him for Christmas. Did I tell you that a customer asked on Sunday if we were newlyweds? We both just laughed at that one.

Here is the new walk I mentioned yesterday. I thought briefly about sweeping it before taking this photograph but quickly decided otherwise. The leaves are falling in earnest. Isn't it snazzy?

Thanks to Dave and Michelle for the birthday gift card to Nordstrom where I purchased this new watch. As some of you know I'm crazy for Skagen watches; this new addition makes five for me. I've got a green band, gold band, two types of silver bands, and one black with white flowers on it. Yikes, I can't count--this makes six. I thought a white one would be fun, especially with the rose gold that matches one of the bands in my Trinity ring. I may not be able to find a pair of jeans that fit me, but by golly, watches do!

So, you may be asking yourself, "self, what does the title of this entry have to do with anything I've read so far?" Well....read on my friends.

Early this morning, while it was still dark outside, I spent some time browsing back over my blog from this time last year. Actually I had to browse through more than just that, but you understand. I wondered where I was in this journey last January. Yesterday, while chatting with the young woman who comes in after me at the museum, I mentioned the show. Her response was, "What a great way to begin the New Year!" I hadn't thought of it that way. I'd been focusing on the whole business of the last few weeks to get to this point. She, and rightly so, pointed out how exciting it is.

Thus, my reflection on what I was writing about etc. One funny thing is that yesterday I took a new profile picture, lo and behold, on January 7 last year I posted a new profile picture. Am I a creature of habit or what? Actually if I keep this blogging up I can have a record of the aging process. Think about that silly word I used--process, it sounds just plain weird.

One thing I noticed while scanning through last year is that there have been lots of ideas, excitement, and some disappointment (but not too much). Most everything that happened was unexpected which I'll take to mean that whatever happens this year, most of it I can't imagine as I type this. What seems like will be awesome sometimes isn't, and the other way around. There's really just no way to predict the future; certainly I'll make plans, but as the quote goes...."the best-laid plans often go astray."

Somethings in this article from the NYT to consider in the new year regarding our cooking supplies and habits. Food for Thought

After all this serious talk, let me leave you with something fun:

Apple Introduces Revolutionary New Laptop With No Keyboard

For some unknown reason Blogger is not uploading my pictures, boo, hiss. I'll try later!
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bodies of Water

Raise your hand if you think you can identify the location of this lovely scene? Before our excursion on Saturday, I certainly would have kept my arm straight by my side because I would have had no clue. This is the park on the shores of East Lake Tohopekaliga in downtown St. Cloud, Florida. I've included Florida because there is a town named the same in Minnesota, not far from a restaurant Bruce built, and there might just be someone from Minnesota that comes across this blog and thinks, that's not my town! 
At any rate, Bruce's superintendent in Plano is doing a fabulous job which means Mr. Peck is not having to kill himself, performing as both Project Manager, and the field Super. It's about time that he got a bit of a break, so when I asked him if he was up for a Saturday excursion to St. Cloud, he agreed. Both of us have driven by the exit to this little town on countless occasions, but never had either of us actually been there before. 28 miles from Orlando, it i…

And Just Like That....

another weekend has arrived! My, how the time flies when you are old. The date for our move to Vancouver in early July just keeps getting closer and closer! In the meantime, we are staying busy.

Matt and Tom have an anniversary coming up, yes, it has been three years already at the end of the month. You will not be surprised that I made a quilt to honor the occasion which I sent a week or so ago, thinking it would take some time. You never really know. In this instance it took only one week and since I sent it to Matt's workplace, he opened it right up and sent me a text to say he loved it! That was a relief because it is a little different than some quilts I've made. When I had only the top pieced Bruce was a little skeptical of the end result, however, after the addition of spiral quilting, and ORANGE binding, he was a convert!
For a touch of whimsy, I used a fabric with drawn kitty cats for Tom. The beginning of the spiral is somewhat sketchy, but I did the best that I coul…

A Haircut, a House for Sale, and Fathers Day Too

Remember that big-haired blogger from the last post? She is now a sleek bobbed blogger thanks to Monica's expert work on Friday afternoon.
I can assure you, I was not able to style it perfectly this morning, however, I was not too far off, which is a huge relief. Seriously, every time I tell her I'm never going to make it happen, and most times I'm right, but she explained it is all in the cut this time. Speaking of cut, claiming it is more hair than she has on her head, Monica insisted I photograph this mass of hair, including a large amount of from using the thinning shears. Merely genetics, I have some gray hair, but not much, but it sure shows up in this pile, doesn't it?
Gray hair is so weirdly stiff and unruly, or at least that is how it is on my head! Folks with thin hair wish they had more, and thick haired folks like myself wish I had less!

Woo hoo, ceilings done, along with most of the paint. Most, because they have to return for the baseboards once Scott fin…