Skip to main content

The Clock is Ticking

Indeed. Bruce is doing his best to get home by around 4:30 this afternoon to get the party started. I've cleaned, organized, and prayed over everything hoping the show will go well. Seriously, I didn't pray over the prints, that just seems wrong, but it probably wouldn't hurt.  They allow set up from 1:00 this afternoon until 8:30 in the morning. We, however, do not plan to be there overnight! Probably three hours or so if the light holds up, although I'm thinking the park is probably well lit. We shall see.

The weather report is good. There will be a few hours in the afternoon that will undoubtedly still be pretty warm, but no rain is predicted, so that's one hurdle we don't have to jump.

As I type this, there are just two electricians working out back. Phil and Darren installed the filter, pump, salt meter and light this morning. I'm not sure where they went, but one truck is still here, so I've no doubt they'll be back before long. Here's how things are progressing:
The picture above is Phil installing the new deep end steps which are a huge improvement over the old ones. They are actually duplicates of the former ones, just not worn and gold with age.
I took this one this morning as you can probably tell with my shadow in place. Did that on purpose. These little diamonds,which will be flush once the Pebble-Tec is applied, replace the previous tile banding.  Because I'm so crazy about the tile, the more the merrier!

This morning I worked on a little painting with this spiffy new extension pole purchased by my darling husband for his little house painter wife:
Contrary to my regular paint picking techniques I picked nearly the same shade of gray. Horror upon horrors, it is called Passive. Passive--what kind of name is that for paint I ask? Plus, it doesn't suit my personality! I suppose it doesn't hurt to have one room of the house in muted tones. Please note the box Mark installed to hide the AC stuff. Pretty nifty, huh? I can't take credit for cutting in that ceiling however. That goes to Mr. Bruce. I'm good enough when there is crown molding to work off of, but  that's about it. Nancy and I were talking and I told her the secret is to load your brush, place it at an angle and either pull, or push, with confidence. Once you start poking along, or dabbing for that matter, you're sunk.

While cleaning the equipment I got to wondering how Matt cleaned his brushes and rollers while painting his new flat. We have a yard, albeit extremely sparse, which makes clean up somewhat tolerable using the hose. Haven't you always wondered how a roller can hold so much paint when it seemingly has none? I roll and roll the wall until nothing happens, only to have to wash the roller for what seems like forever! One of life's great mysteries I suppose.

Speaking of the lawn, Dobson's is finally almost ready to install new sod to replace what they've killed. For someone who loves a green, healthy lawn, this has been a long spell dating back to April. Probably this falls under the category of everything happening for a reason which becomes apparent with time. By now we would be freaking if our grass were good, what with all the trucks and such running all over it. With any luck, the travertine pavers should be arriving this afternoon on pallets set in the front yard. See what I mean? By this time next month we should not only have an awesome back yard but hopefully a great front one as well. Time will tell.

A necessary evil of this crazy business I've got myself in, is self-promotion. Ugh! In the past sending out a mass email has been laborious to say the least. Responding to my query for a simpler way to do it, Matt sent me detailed instructions which I followed to the letter. I hardly need tell you I didn't mean for that to be a pun, but upon further reflection it's kinda neat. Anyway, off it went to 165 names in my address book. Responses welcome.

Wish me luck--the clock is ticking. :)
2 comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bodies of Water

Raise your hand if you think you can identify the location of this lovely scene? Before our excursion on Saturday, I certainly would have kept my arm straight by my side because I would have had no clue. This is the park on the shores of East Lake Tohopekaliga in downtown St. Cloud, Florida. I've included Florida because there is a town named the same in Minnesota, not far from a restaurant Bruce built, and there might just be someone from Minnesota that comes across this blog and thinks, that's not my town! 
At any rate, Bruce's superintendent in Plano is doing a fabulous job which means Mr. Peck is not having to kill himself, performing as both Project Manager, and the field Super. It's about time that he got a bit of a break, so when I asked him if he was up for a Saturday excursion to St. Cloud, he agreed. Both of us have driven by the exit to this little town on countless occasions, but never had either of us actually been there before. 28 miles from Orlando, it i…

And Just Like That....

another weekend has arrived! My, how the time flies when you are old. The date for our move to Vancouver in early July just keeps getting closer and closer! In the meantime, we are staying busy.

Matt and Tom have an anniversary coming up, yes, it has been three years already at the end of the month. You will not be surprised that I made a quilt to honor the occasion which I sent a week or so ago, thinking it would take some time. You never really know. In this instance it took only one week and since I sent it to Matt's workplace, he opened it right up and sent me a text to say he loved it! That was a relief because it is a little different than some quilts I've made. When I had only the top pieced Bruce was a little skeptical of the end result, however, after the addition of spiral quilting, and ORANGE binding, he was a convert!
For a touch of whimsy, I used a fabric with drawn kitty cats for Tom. The beginning of the spiral is somewhat sketchy, but I did the best that I coul…

A Haircut, a House for Sale, and Fathers Day Too

Remember that big-haired blogger from the last post? She is now a sleek bobbed blogger thanks to Monica's expert work on Friday afternoon.
I can assure you, I was not able to style it perfectly this morning, however, I was not too far off, which is a huge relief. Seriously, every time I tell her I'm never going to make it happen, and most times I'm right, but she explained it is all in the cut this time. Speaking of cut, claiming it is more hair than she has on her head, Monica insisted I photograph this mass of hair, including a large amount of from using the thinning shears. Merely genetics, I have some gray hair, but not much, but it sure shows up in this pile, doesn't it?
Gray hair is so weirdly stiff and unruly, or at least that is how it is on my head! Folks with thin hair wish they had more, and thick haired folks like myself wish I had less!

Woo hoo, ceilings done, along with most of the paint. Most, because they have to return for the baseboards once Scott fin…