Monday, June 7, 2010

Fun in the Sun

The last load of laundry is drying, Rick Flair has clean water, Baxter is lounging in his usual perch by the window, and Bruce is back at his desk. Our fun in the sun is over for now, however, we intend to remember it as long as we can!

When you are a blogger, like myself, and are gone for ten days, hopefully there is much of interest to recount. As a matter of fact, there is too much for one post! As such, I've put together a little album along with a few other photos to paint a little picture of our time away.

As you may know, we first went to Steve's condo in Siesta Key for his annual Memorial Day party. Here's our vacation mobile!
Bruce's friends had a hey day with this--teasing him mercilessly. They called us either the Beverly Hillbillies, or the Griswalds, the latter you may be familiar with, although I can't say as I am. More on the party later in the week. Suffice it to say that it was like no other I've ever been to!

Here is the little slideshow with some scenic photos, or at least that's my intention.



Here is your intrepid blogger (with the requisite red nose!) and her adorable husband at a sidewalk cafe in Naples waiting for the delicious food to come.

 May I introduce you to Steve and Barb:

Bruce and Steve have been best buddies for years and years at Darden. In all that time he's rarely had a lady friend, and did I mention he's NEVER been married. Well.....about six weeks ago Steve revealed that he and Barb had begun dating and things were going very well. She also works at Darden in a related department. We are absolutely delighted Steve is so happy. I convinced him to let me take their photo after we shared the breakfast buffet at the Sarasota Ritz Carlton on Sunday morning just before leaving. I hope, I hope she's the one!

While away I looked at Bruce's computer maybe twice, used my cell phone twice, and read almost nothing. It was actually very good to be away from most technology for that long. I highly recommend it if you're able. Arriving home yesterday afternoon I came across this timely article:
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/07/technology/07brain.html
Something to think about...

Tomorrow we'll get into specifics, like getting yelled at by a shop keeper. You know, that sort of thing!

No comments:

A Week Ago Tuesday