It had been my intention to next write about how fortunate I was to have woken up around 4AM, in time to watch the Blue moon/lunar eclipse/ blood moon last week. My photographs were dismal, this one the best of the bunch,
As you all know by now, Bruce has been remodeling an Earls in Bellevue, a city that is part of the Seattle metro area. Because free time is my middle name, we decided it would be good if I rode down there with him, spend one night during which he would finish up an important component, and we would return on Friday afternoon. So, like maybe a 24 hour trip. He went to the office in the morning, picking me up just after lunchtime to drive the 150 miles South. As you near the border there are handy signs that tell you what sort of wait there is at the two border crossings that are very close to one another. You won't be surprised to learn that it was wet and gloomy.
About 45 miles from Bellevue, the car began to shake and lose power. Thank God Bruce was able to get onto the shoulder! Thinking it was a bit of a fluke, he restarted the engine, only to have that same shaking business. Not ideal, but we have BMW roadside assistance so that's a start. Shall we have it towed to Vancouver or what? Here's where it gets almost comical, if you like sick humor, that is. Bruce spent more than an hour on the phone with the man who answered the phone to basically get no further along than when he started. Too complicated, however, after charging him $500 to have it towed to Vancouver, only for us to learn by calling the dealership here that they do not honor an American warranty, he called back to cancel that plan. Just as well because no driver could be found to tow us across the border. Finally he says a driver will tow us back to Bellevue and he will be there in 90 minutes. Never relying on someone else's word, Bruce calls the driver who, as it turns out, doesn't even know that we are along the interstate! Further he says that only one of us can ride in the truck with him. This really set Bruce off, although I will say he mostly remained calm throughout. Bruce asks him what he thinks one of us will do and the driver suggests calling Uber or a cab! Thanks but no thanks.
And wait we did.
More to this story soon.
It is hard to know what to do in the situation we found ourselves. Should we go, or should we stay? My vote was to stay, whereas Bruce wante...
After our friend, Karen Howard, moved to the North Carolina mountains, she said one of the things she missed the most about living in Florid...
I would be the first to admit that during these months in Vancouver I feel as if I am living in a bit of a bubble. Rarely do I even know the...