Wednesday, March 31, 2021

I've Had an Accident

Nancy was here for a week, followed by a 70th birthday party for Cris. After playing pickleball Monday morning I was anxious to get back to my blog.

That did not happen because while showing Connie a side way step I had seen a guy do, the sole of my shoe caught the court and I went down, catching myself with my left hand with predictable results. 

Fortunately Patty had some ice, my paddle worked for stability and Bruce was home to take me to the hospital. 

Obviously lots more to the story but I am not yet skilled in one hand typing to tell you more.The good news is that friends and family are taking good care of us. I have a cast from my fingers up to the middle of my humerus, for how long I do not know. It was a displaced distal radius fracture in case you are wondering. 

It is still hurting but once I feel some better I will attempt more.

your friend,


Gail



No comments:

Back at the Homestead