Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Last Week it was the Air Conditioning


Tonight it's the heat. Finally we are experiencing a cold front, as I type this it is 39 degrees which is a mighty big change from the 80's of last week. People often say the cold in Florida is worse than up North; I cannot speak from experience, but I will say that Jonathan claimed it had warmed up a bit in Chicago at 40 degrees. I just spoke with Bruce in Virginia, he's worn out from the cold. He hasn't traveled in several weeks now so it will be challenging to get it going again; I've no doubt he'll be up for the challenge.

A scheduled photo shoot for Michelle went off as planned today. Doesn't she look fabulous? I'm not sure how she did it in the windy cold weather but she did. Finding this little jacket in my closet I asked her to wear it to keep her slightly warmer. Other outfits were skimpier, and believe me it was hard to smile in the cold, however she is getting more comfortable in front of the camera as I am behind it. My new tripod came in super handy for these.

Kristen stopped by after lunch to buy a picture for a friend--I convinced her to be my assistant for a bit. She loves going to surgery with what's called a C-Arm. It's an x-ray camera mounted on a large C which rotates for several views of the part being worked on. It's similar to the tripod--lots of levers to make it move the way you want it. Because I had only practiced with it that tiny bit the other night I was iffy but together we figured out the moves. It was really marvelous as I could concentrate on framing the shots, moving it to optimize the natural light. We've still got a few different outfits to photograph, but together we are making great progress.

I wanted to share a great article from the Times with you however I've forgotten how to do it--I need another tutorial from Matt.

I'm going to curl up in bed with a book now--it's the only sensible thing to do on a chilly night.

----------------
Now playing: Aretha Franklin - I Never Loved A Man (The Way I Love You) (Demo)
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

e said...

Amazing how wimpy we are about weather in the warm states, isn't it?

A Week Ago Tuesday