Friday, January 4, 2008

Shopping




For those of you who are new to my family's history I mention that Bill and Dave modeled for a few years when they were in their late teens. Yours truly took the photos to get them noticed I might add. However, they quickly got some from a professional to catapult them into the big time. One of the places they went was Milan, Italy to do the men's shows. You can imagine our trepidation letting them travel to Europe alone--it was somewhat traumatic for all concerned. The very first show they did was for twins. Picture our boys being the first ones on the runway doing their very first show with gazillions of photographers surrounding the runway. The design house is called DSquared, identical twins showed identical twins. Their picture was in the Milan paper as well. Tuesday when I was at Marshalls I spotted these shoes by DSquared. At the time they did the show we had never heard of them, but Madonna ended up making them famous by using some of their clothes in her shows. Fortunately, Bill and Dave realized that they wanted to be more in control of their lives than modeling affords, getting their degrees in Economics. One more modeling story--while in Milan they were photographed by Eric Clapton's ex-wife--the mother of the child who fell out the window inspiring Tears in Heaven. I will say that those were some pretty weird pictures. It often seems that in an effort to be arty they make people look worse than they do.

As I've posted about in the past I used to sew most every day. These days I rarely visit a fabric store, but the presence of "sari" fabric at Joannes showcases how much Orlando has changed since I was frequenting them. Our immigrant population used to be negligible, not so anymore. It has made for a much more interesting place to live.

Good news--at least one agency has accepted Michelle--let's hope others follow.

Another photography project presented itself yesterday. I braved the cold to photograph Christmas lights on a friend's house for a possible Christmas card next year; naturally I used my new tripod.

Speaking of which when I should have been doing chores yesterday morning I got sidetracked practicing taking stuff inside the house. What can I say--this blog is not called Camera Crazy for nothing.

Did you watch any of the election coverage last night? There sure are a lot of "know it alls" on television.

----------------
Now playing: Beirut - Nantes
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

Amaya said...

Wow! They modeled for DSquared? That's pretty cool. You said it was hard on everyone involved... did they not enjoy it?
Is Michelle getting into modeling?
And I didn't realize you used to sew. What were your specialties?
Congrats on the tri-pod! Is it significantly helping?

Back at the Homestead