Sunday, April 13, 2008

Can You Feel It?


I'm hoping this picture will produce fond memories of playing in the waves, maybe body surfing, an exhilarating sensation. Because the beach I visited is undeveloped there are few traffic, or people sounds to distract from the sound of the crashing waves. I think sometimes when you see a young child scared of the ocean it is because it is loud more than anything else. We tend to forget it unless there are few ambient sounds to distract. At the same time when I was driving on the loop road beside the lagoon, I heard not only loads of birds, but a squirrel chattering away. In the age of constant noise, listening to nature is a real treat.

Once again it rained today during most of the market...I needn't tell you how unpleasant it was. When I bemoaned last weekend's rains I neglected to mention that we received as much rain that weekend as is typical for the whole month of April. Today we got more. This is a good thing for not only our lakes, but the aquifer as well, I only wish it would come when we were not set up with a tent and stuff. That is life as they say, so I just need to accept what comes our way and move on. It is just a bit sad that as I type this at 7PM it is bright and sunny, the front having moved through.

Bruce leaves in the morning for four days...boohoo!





----------------
Listening to: Rihanna - Don't Stop the Music
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

So This is Springtime