Friday, April 11, 2008

Expect to Encounter Mosquitoes







The title refers to a sign I saw this morning along with one stating mosquitoes may be bothersome--no joke, when a place is called Mosquito Lagoon, it's a given. I went to Turtle Mound near New Smryna Beach, mind you, Turtle Mound itself was having a new boardwalk constructed, however I did go up as far as I was allowed. Adjacent to Mosquito Lagoon,the mound is made up of old shells presumably placed there by Timacuan Indians eons ago. The whole area is the northern part of Canaveral National Seashore, a pristine area with no development; the southern end houses NASA. Amazingly,I saw two bobcats run across the road--no pictures as I was driving, not that that usually stops me, this time they were too fast for me!

Today I've loaded the blog with pictures and as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. The only ones I might need to explain are the clean pool and Baxter. Finally the oak trees have completed their annual abuse of the pool, no more fuzzy things, or leaves to fight. Actually last evening while I was cleaning it so we could dine on the pool deck Baxter fell into the pool. I've mentioned before how he barks like a little maniac while I'm using the equipment, often practically getting tangled up in the hose. This time he misjudged things and SPLASH, he was swimming! He tried to climb out the side, hopeless for a little dog like him; I snatched him out by his harness. I've pictured him as he's going through his drying frenzy.

So now you see the new dining room furniture (as well as the old table, I can't seem to delete the picture!), as well as the new pillows and chair. We're very pleased with it all.

----------------
Listening to: Van Morrison - Brand New Day
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

abellwillring said...

Mom,

The furniture looks great! Boy I could go for a nice nap on those familiar couches right about now. What a super cute picture of Baxter too.

Back at the Homestead