Monday, April 14, 2008

If It's Monday, It Must Be Mystic Dunes Market


Mystic Dunes is the name of the "time share resort" where I sell on Mondays. In the past I've always ranted against them; I totally feel like a sell-out going there, however, a starving artist does what they have to do. I'll put it this way--sales were 90% better than yesterday which isn't saying a lot, but I've definitely broken my losing streak from last week. How cool would it be if it kept up through the weekend? Today's buyers were from Scotland, Oklahoma, Minnesota, and Great Britain. It is kinda neat having your stuff travel around decorating bedrooms, bathrooms, and wherever. Mystic Dunes, wherever did they get the name? There is not a dune in sight, let alone a mystic one.

While taking the photograph above this afternoon I had an encounter that Bruce warns me about. He's always telling me to be careful, and really I try. I've had an obsession of late with water, fountains, and reflections. A man stopped and asked me what was I photographing. I replied, "the water." He asked me if I got paid to do it and nicely I said, "sometimes." His response was not fit for children's ears. He said, "I'd bet you'd get paid more for photographing yourself.......NUDE, don't you think?" I said, "not hardly" and he moved on. The nerve of some people!

As you may recall my new physician promised he'd call with test results. I am accustomed to the no news is good news way but I said "great, fine, terrific, call me." Well, it's nearly a week later and he hasn't. Having worked in Radiology for 30+ years I know for a fact that almost everything that is done during normal business hours is read within a few hours. Presumably he doesn't have much to tell me, thus no call? I'll keep you posted. The improvements from B12 are still not evident, but I'll keep it up.

I learned last night that my niece Katie is in love--what lovely news. She was the first of the Peck grandchildren to get married, and what a storybook wedding it was. She married a French boy; the wedding picture I have is taken on the beach in the south of France in her wedding gown. Practically the whole town turned out for the celebration. Unfortunately, this story had a less than happy ending. She's now moving on with her life and happy as a clam.

Unfortunately, when I went out to get gas, stamps, and a library book, my dear Matt called. It has been his custom since leaving home at the tender age of 17 to call home on Sunday afternoon. I've interrupted that custom with my street peddling, leaving me hungry to chat. The time difference makes it more challenging. I've no doubt he's doing beautifully, but it will be super to hear his voice live, not just on the answering machine.

I've received an invitation to an Honor's Reception following the upcoming graduation ceremony. I've decided against doing the walk because it is way the heck out in Kissimmee. Really, it now seems so past tense. Valencia Community College has a HUGE student population with only one graduation a year which seems downright silly. We all know I made it.... that's enough for me. No gifts please.


----------------
Listening to: The Rapture - Sister Saviour
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

Amaya said...

I'm sure you remember a picture I took of my bath time (because you seem to remember everything). Anyway, I got a comment about doing nude photography too... some people! I realized when taking the photo that there were going to be some people out there who may look at it in a sexual way, but for me it was my attempt to chronicle my life - not for anyone else's satisfaction.
Your interaction, however, was so random. You were taking a picture of water! How odd!

So This is Springtime