Tuesday, September 23, 2008

It's That Time Again

To catch up on things.

A few days ago I tried a clock project around the house. We have a wide varitey of clocks, most of which have some variation of the current time. I thought it would be fun to make a mosaic with all the different clocks, and times, however I couldn't make it work with flickr toys. I'm showing you one of my favorites; a gift from Matt many years ago from an antique shop. The cord is very yellow with age and the plug is unlike those we see today with a cute little rectangle head. Not only does it keep perfect time, it has a sweeping second hand and a lovely patina.

So where were we....oh yes, we were going out for a date on Friday evening. We met Connie and Jeff at CityFish, or I should say they came downtown to meet us, albeit too late for me. I went into the restaurant from our sidewalk location only to hear the familiar refrain--"Hey Mom"; who should be sitting in a booth, but David and company. Orlando is a small world after all.

As the evening progressed yours truly had the familiar pain creep up on her and by the time we got home I was a miserable lady. Saturday was pretty much a wash out--I spent most of the day laying on the couch. The new television got some use with me switching between college football games. Two were especially painful to watch--Florida vs. Tennessee because Florida won so easily, and Florida State's dreadful performance vs. Wake Forest. Sad, sad, sad.

Several people have now seen the dress, and while all agree it is spectacular, they likewise agree that I need some sort of wrap or short jacket. That will be the deal breaker, whether or not I find something complimentary. The search will be on.

Danny's surgery was successful; discharge was on Friday with a painful week ahead to endure.

Roger delivered my largest order to date. I was a bit anxious that no one will have any money to buy them in this dreadful economic time period, but proving once again that you never know what will happen, I sold two canvases on Sunday. The good thing about the market Sunday was that the sales came early so I didn't have to wait anxiously for something to happen, the bad part is that a rainstorm swooped in unexpectedly with drenching rain. Fortunately Bruce arrived 15 minutes before it began, so between the two of us we kept things as dry as possible. Having several thousand dollars worth of merchandise in an open tent during a torrential downpour is not my idea of fun.

Although I still wasn't up to par I needed to do the market, if only to get out. Between the days activity and the rainstorm, I was worn out, climbing into bed, or I should say dragging into bed, and fast asleep by 8:30. I didn't wake until 6:30 Monday morning. I'm still not perfect, but I'm forcing myself to keep moving.

Which leads me to today. Duty at the museum followed by lunch at Mary's house. I'm delivering some notecards, as well as bringing Rachel my September issue of Vogue. Rachel is 20 years old with a gift and passion for fashion photography. The September issue is always filled with the latest trends in both fashion and photography. One thing I particularly noticed was how many ads were out of focus. Lots of blur action.

I suspect that should just about fill my day.


----------------
Listening to: Coldplay - Clocks
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

Amaya said...

Sorry to hear about you not feeling well.
I just re-injured my back and can relate to the utter frustration of a relapse.

A Low Level of Anxiety