Saturday, November 4, 2023

The World Looks Different

 Oh my oh my. This is a quick check-in to let everyone know that the heart issue is sorted out. Just as I suspected, and this was confirmed from the holter monitor reading, that for days on end I have no heart issues at all. Nonetheless, Dr. Koneru insists that is no reason not to take medication, and in fact, it is maybe even worse because you never know when it will happen. As many of you know, I have had incidents of AFib in the past, but it never hangs around which is why I am not thrilled with being put on medication for the remainder of my life, or until they decided on something new, I will soldier on. Especially because I have been gifted with even more samples to last until the new year! 

With that good news in our pockets, we took off yesterday morning for Murphy after a quick stop off to say goodbye to my pickleball friends at Dover Shores whom I got to play with exactly one time!  In a surprise move, Bruce decided to drive straight through to our destination. God bless him, he managed like a trooper with no help from this wife. Actually the route we chose this time was efficient and the traffic was very manageable so as the early end to the day was approaching, the miles kept ticking away. The last of it was so beautiful even though I am the only one who actually noticed the landscape because the driver of our vehicle kept his eyes glued to the road. (565 miles in the event you are wondering)

Around 6:30 we pulled into the driveway and began setting up our things. In spite of the nearly 11 hour drive my husband does not generally let any grass grow under his feet and for the most part, neither does his wife.

As was expected, we missed most of the color although there are a few colorful leaves hanging on. It was very cold last night, as in under 30 but when it became light enough I just had to check things out.

John's truck parked outside the garage had frost on it as did the porch railings. Yup, the leaves had a dusting as well.

We have spent the day organizing and getting groceries along with the food we stored over at our dear landlords who treat us so very well. We were touched as all get out when we looked out on the porch and found this.

Not only that but there was a plate of cookies along with a bottle of wine and two glasses set out on the kitchen island.

How in the WORLD did we get so lucky? 

Instead of focusing on the beautiful leaves we missed I am choosing to embrace all that this new world has to offer in the way of living. The world does look very different than anything else we have ever experienced and at our age, that is a very good thing. 

That's all for now as I have a Florida State game to watch and get this: our neighbors are making us dinner along with a bonfire tonight. Seriously?

How did we get this lucky??

your friend,

Gail

p.s. I do have way more to talk about so be on the lookout  for a proper post soon.

No comments:

Suddenly it is May