Thursday, May 17, 2007

I Never Cried Once

When I read over yesterday's post it seems like forever ago. I was terribly naive about the camera. Indeed, I did go up to Walgreens to get the prints, however, there were none. Suffice it to say that in the next 24 hours I went through 4 rolls of film with 20 prints to show for it. Mind you, these were rolls of 24. Maybe two are decent out of the prints.

Apparently, the film was not catching, and I was shooting away with no film advancing. Finally, I went to a camera shop after dropping Maureen off for a funeral. The young man showed me how to do it properly--thank goodness. I never cried though! In one of those six degrees of separation things--that same young man used to work elsewhere and printed my professor's photographs. He said complimentary things about his work. At least tomorrow when I go back to class I'll at least know how to put the film in. There is a reason people no longer use film cameras!

The camera is incredibly heavy as it is all metal parts. I put my digital in my back pocket and it felt like a candy bar after shooting with the new one! The grocery bag in back is holding all the gear.

The dry heaves made an encore today after having been absent for about a week. Let's call it a fluke, shall we?

Bruce is coming home from Boston soon; his plane should arrive around 7. I've just made some meatballs, and red sauce. I don't know if you do it this way, but cooking meatballs on a jelly roll pan in the oven is the way to go--no turning, or breaking. Tomorrow is Bruce's birthday--he'll be 54. That means that we have been together more than 40 years!

2 comments:

sarah said...

a photographer-friend of ours took some photos of elliot last week in her fancy-schmancy studio downtown. I was shocked to discover that they use film cameras, still! they said that digital cameras at the level they use cost 10-30 THOUSAND DOLLARS and have to be replaced every few years...so it's actually more cost efficient to use film. Wow.

it's so funny to have to wait for photos!

sarah said...

a photographer-friend of ours took some photos of elliot last week in her fancy-schmancy studio downtown. I was shocked to discover that they use film cameras, still! they said that digital cameras at the level they use cost 10-30 THOUSAND DOLLARS and have to be replaced every few years...so it's actually more cost efficient to use film. Wow.

it's so funny to have to wait for photos!

Back at the Homestead