Monday, January 28, 2008

Gushing Water and Dangling Shoes




The market was finally super busy yesterday. I sold eight pieces which I was happy about. I take pictures of the market happenings every week for the manager. She then shares them with everyone at City Hall so they know what the market is all about. Lately they have been giving her what she wants; the latest, a large banner on the street.

Bruce did all the set up then took off with David to take his Mom to lunch for her birthday. During set up the weather was horrible--windy, gray, and cold. As predicted it turned glorious. They met her near where she lives, about twenty miles from us. Thus, Bruce was gone most of the time, meaning that between talking to folks at the booth and picture taking I was a busy girl. One woman who was particularly kind and interested in my work was the local chairwoman for the Sierra Club. She ordered one of the prints in a smaller size than what I had on hand.

Now to today's pictures. The other day when I had Baxter with me we saw this manhole cover off to the side; periodically water gushed up with great force. What mostly interested me was the rusty cover however the water issue was pretty cool.

Yesterday at the market my friends Heath and Micheal came by to visit. After a bit they left, then returned, with Heath showing me the shoes on the line just down the street. I asked if he was trying to torture me because I couldn't leave the booth. This morning I made it a point to go back downtown to see the shoes for myself. The lake with the manhole cover is one the way so.....

I sent Jonathan an e-mail today telling him that Mitt Romney called for him; I told him Jonathan had moved to Chicago.

Honestly, the calls are incessant. Yesterday upon returning from the market there were three messages, one each from John, Mitt, and McCain's wife Cindy who pronounced Viet Nam weirdly. Primary in the morning.

Carol is coming from 90210 tomorrow night. She will be spending most of her time in Melbourne with a rental they own. Carol always brings excitement with her not to mention twenty five years experience as a professional artist. She has the coolest studio in Venice Beach. Dennis Hopper has an extremely unusual house two blocks over.

An owner of an art and framing place on the campus of the hated University of Florida visited the booth saying he would love to have some of my pieces for his shop. Would I be interested in some consignment work? How do you think I responded?

Additionally, the project I mentioned some time ago, the assisted living gig is coming up Wednesday morning. I am so looking forward to making some of the elderly residents feel like they still matter.

----------------
Now playing: Basement Jaxx - Romeo
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

Amaya said...

I love the shoe picture! It's so colorful. Did you bring an old, unwanted pair to sling over the wire?

Gail Peck said...

I wish I'd thought of it--there were so many! I see a Nordstrom e-mail touting yellow shoes for this season.

Back at the Homestead