Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sometimes I Lose Track of the Date


You probably find it hard to believe that I stay busy, what with not having a real job, but I seem to. As you know I've been back at the Polasek and today found me there. It has been interesting to see people's reactions to the photo show. I eavesdrop a bit to hear if they have comments on mine and since they are in the front gallery I don't have to try very hard.

After returning I received an e-mail from a young man wanting to buy one of my big canvases he saw at Sunday's market--how about that? He's giving it to his partner for a birthday gift. Let's all collectively say SWEET; I guess sitting out there in the suffocating heat pays off sometimes!

Bruce left this morning for a few days...boohoo!

Yesterday I spent quite a while searching for some specific pictures. I've probably not told you yet that our market manager's son's girlfriend of thirteen years, was killed in a horrific auto accident on Memorial Day. We've all been quite sad about it and as you can imagine her son is beside himself. In the last months I've taken several pictures of Lindsey, and their dog Bella. Unfortunately, I'd taken lots of my market photos out of my library and was lucky to find one for which Dana was very grateful. It makes me terribly sad that three people I've photographed in the last six months have died. I'm so hoping the photos I've provided bring happy memories to their loved ones.

I'm hoping that when I talk to Lisa next her response to how Danny is doing is as positive as last weeks news. To date he's not suffering terrible side effects from the radiation.

I've realized this week that Matt's birthday is coming soon--July 5 to be exact. It's hard for me to believe he'll be 32. What, pray tell, shall I get him for his birthday? I'll get on the shipping this week which may be too late, the title today says it all....I do lose track of the date.

Another stumper...Michelle e-mailed me about what song to dance with David at the wedding. That sentence is constructed horribly, but I can't think of another way to put it. I do love to dance, but a specific song does not come to mind.

My friend, the columnist at the Sentinel, reported on his trip to Iceland. He's a witty guy...describing how an earthquake, measuring 6.1 on the Richter scale, forced his tour to spend time in a shelter. He says it was not one of their planned excursions. He had nothing but praise for his hosts, and the trip in general. Have you ever wanted to travel to Iceland? Me neither.

Jonathan sent me a link to Amazon to purchase an external hard drive making the deletion of photos a thing of the past. I've also bought a card reader, and Bruce got me an extra USB port thing. Don't you find that increasingly everything has to be charged? This technological life has it's downsides.

Today's photo is from the Maitland Art Center--I took it months ago and have always meant to share it.

No comments:

A Week Ago Tuesday