Thursday, March 27, 2008

This is for the Better Days


My title was different until I realized that the song I'm listening to is perfect for today. I went to see my new doctor today; his name is Dr. David Smuckler. Isn't that such an unusual last name? At any rate, I believe I told you my internist abandoned ship for the rival hospital across town, thus when I called the office they said that Dr. Smuckler was taking over for Dr. Everett. I was only planning on meeting him as I'd been feeling so good but fortuitously it was scheduled six weeks ago for today. I was in there whining about no diagnosis as you can image. Well.....he was slightly sympathetic, not overly so, but it was a start. He told me he'd had two patients in the past who had normal MRIs and US of their abdomen but when they had a nuclear medicine study called a HIDA scan it showed a non-functioning gallbladder. It makes sense as the pain is right where my GB is. I'm not getting my hopes up or anything, but wouldn't that be something if we finally knew what was dogging me?

These roses are ironmen; I took this maybe yesterday and they are eleven days old now. The new plant vendor from the market is donating them to the Leukemia Society, they have set up a booth selling them for a dollar donation--well worth every penny.

Poor Mr. Bruce has been on the move all week. Monday: Vero, Tues/Wednesday: Chicago, Thursday: Vero, and when he returns tomorrow around 1:30 we will head to Deland to set up. Thank God he is an ironman! Tomorrow night is Spamalot!!!

I hope I sell a lot in Deland because Roger could use my business. As you know his 24 year old son has a weird cancer with exorbitant medical bills; this is not just about me.

Several days ago I went to the library and got three films I'd been wanting to see--Kite Runner, Atonement, and Hotel Rwanda. I've yet to watch Kite Runner(one of my all time favorite books), but I can say the other two are incredibly moving for different reasons. No one ever accused me of liking cheery films, or books, with good reason.

----------------
Listening to: The Bees - (This Is For The) Better Days
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gail,

Today is the first time I have had a chance to view your Blog as long as I wanted. It is so nicely done and transparent. You are so cool.
Pleased your sales are going well in Deland.

Back at the Homestead