Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Did I Get Taken?

After dropping off the latest roll of film I hopped in the MINI and started to pull out--a woman was coming toward me and I thought she was going to ask about the baby car. No, that was not what she wanted--she wanted money. Interestingly enough, while I gave her a $5, out of the corner of my eye I saw a woman looking at me like--you sucker! Maybe so--it takes all kinds to make the world go round. Before getting in the car I had noticed the watching woman wiping down a cart before loading her children. I marveled how I ever managed to raise four healthy children with almost no concern for germs of any kind. It seems today that people assume that our skin is like a sponge.

You see displayed the ten pictures I plan to turn in on Friday. I am still getting duds, however, I really like the picture of Baxter. In the back you see the pile I culled these from! I'm thinking of turning in some not so good ones in order to get help on what I did wrong.

I now have a resume thanks to Carmello at the Winter Park campus. It must have been fortuitous that he was in the career center as he normally works upstairs. He was the age of my twins--not only was he nice, but he typed the whole thing too! I like to take young people's advice because if they are intelligent (he was), they are up to date on everything. I had to write down my weaknesses--naturally I wrote down that I talk too much! I believe we will put in for an internship at a sculpture museum in Winter Park--no pay, just experience outside the healthcare field.

I'm a bit tired today--nothing serious, I imagine I've been trying to get out and about more than I'm capable of just yet.

Bruce had some unexpected complications (oxymoron there) on his Boston job which is delaying his return to Orlando. It's been a tough three days for him, however, he always manages to put things right--that's why Jeff affectionately calls him "PM of the Year."

1 comment:

Jozee said...

Why was the germ phobic woman taking your inventory? That's what I wonder most about.

I wouldn't worry about whether or not you got taken. :)

A Low Level of Anxiety