Monday, March 26, 2007

Monday Musings


If you are like me, you have plenty of cookbooks. It is amazing how you may not use them all the time, but there can be one great hint, or recipe, that becomes part of your repertoire. Matthew was so wonderful as to give me a personalized cookbook from Nigella. The inscription is "Happy Christmas Gail". It was such a beautiful surprise, but I have come to expect that from our dear Matt. Anyway, the point is that she suggests putting mustard in mashed potatoes and believe me it is good. If you haven't tried it, please do. I made mashed potatoes tonight with a good dollop of Djon mustard and they were delicious.

I have had a good day. It may be because the produce lady told me I was beautiful yesterday for some reason. It is amazing what an unexpected compliment can do for one's outlook. Seriously, I did manage a lot for me today. A few errands and a trip to the mall! Mind you, I didn't buy much and I moved pretty slowly but still...

I also vacuumed my MINI. That is the first time I have done that since I got the car at Thanksgiving. Bruce has done it for me, but I wanted to push myself so he didn't interrupt. He is such a sweetie, he has had to do so much for the last nine months. I was even daydreaming today about how I was going to get all the way better and become the old Gail again. Let's hope.

I, of course, took too many pictures today but what can you expect from a camera crazy girl? I also did algebra homework--the chapter is on logarithms, whatever they are.

4 comments:

Jeremy Brooks said...

Mustard in mashed potatoes -- sounds good! Have you ever tried wasabi in them?

Gail Peck said...

No, but I do love horseradish in them with a steak.

Gail Peck said...

That response sounded way dumb--should I have said American horseradish?

sarah said...

Hey there! Matt's friend Sarah, again. Just wanted to say that love that photo! Also, the shoes from a couple of posts back.

a couple of weeks ago I gave our baby, elliot, a bite of garlic mashed potatoes--so funny to see his face! he'd never had anything with actual, you know, flavor before. I'm hoping he'll be at least a little less picky of an eater than i was. :)

thinking of you; take care.

Back at the Homestead