Friday, May 16, 2008

Early Birthday Party


Grafitti Art 5/16/08 9:25 AM">
A good time was had by all last night at the renovated Peck home. While vacuuming yesterday morning, I decided to have a birthday dinner for Bruce to surprise him. I called Dave and Bill, got their confirmation, then called Maureen to see if she could come. I decided to go with spicy because that is Bruce's favorite. I ran to the store, got some London Broil and a few other ingredients. Pureeing red wine vinegar, several garlic cloves, a fat, wet, chipotle pepper, along with some salt, pepper, and olive oil in the blender, dividing it into two bags with the meat, and I was off to a good start. Always while using chipotle I have to be very careful as the heat really builds up if you get too much.

Because of the party I altered my original plan of taking the clothes mountain to Lisa's house for distribution. Instead, I took it to the Rescue Mission downtown; hopefully they will supply someone small in need. Upon leaving I discovered this amazing grafitti showcase. The gate was open to the complex allowing me to roam freely after asking permission. As you can imagine this is not the best part of town but I was alert. I met a glass artist whose studio on the premises held some absolutely gorgeous works--wow, I'm a big sucker for glass. He described how about every two weeks they blacken all the walls and paint new stuff. I'll definitely have to keep up with it. If you've time, I've posted a web album for you to peruse.

This morning was my first experience trying to do my new hair, hmmmm......

I've pictured my dear Bruce today--his birthday is Sunday, and yes he was not only surprised but delighted. If I do say so myself the carrot cake from scratch was pretty tasty.

Time to get gussied up a bit to meet other folks within the hour for the concert--a brief review of the festivities on tap for tomorrow.

No comments:

Back at the Homestead