Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Gnomes

I've spent today on math, geology, shopping, and taking pictures. I'm spending tonight on Humanities.

I should have bought these gnomes at Ross today when I saw them instead of taking their picture. They so remind me of the wonderful movie, Amelie. I hope you have seen it.

Speaking of movies, I haven't seen enough lately.

I've read several interesting things in the Times lately which you might find interesting as well. First they did a blind tasting of food cooked with both inexpensive, and expensive wines; apparently, often the food cooked with the cheap stuff was deemed better. The other thing is that Ina Garten self-published her first cookbook at age 51 with $200,000 of her own money. She had sold The Barefoot Contessa after having owned it for 20 years. She sold it when she was 50, and didn't know what she was going to do with herself. She's now 59, and has 5 million books in print, not to mention her own show!

Bruce flew to Boston today with six penguins--two were in first class with him. I pictured them sitting in the seats, but apparently they were in cages. Some passengers complained about the squawking!

One last thing--Baxter had to return to the vet yesterday, still puny. The vet removed the stitches (which previously they told us were dis solvable) and more pain meds. I tried to get him to take a little walk this evening but I ended up carrying him most of the way. Yeesh, when will this end?

No comments:

Back at the Homestead