Monday, March 19, 2007

A Party

So, it was like a party, although we didn't have to provide the house, or drinks. We went out to dinner on Saturday night with Bill, David, and Michelle and they coached me on how to behave. Don't tell them you are brand new at this Mom, they begged. They know how chatty I am, and they wanted to make sure I didn't reveal that I know nothing technical! No worries--I managed just fine. When asked if my camera was a SLR, I was vague.

It was beautiful weather, albeit chilly when we got there. This picture is first thing when Ha came by with her boyfriend Danny to see things. They were so sweet, even brought me back a warm sandwich from where they got breakfast. Coincidentally, people we hadn't seen in years happened by, as did one of my former patients from the hospital. We managed no sales until around 1; I was fine with that because we got much positive feedback. I was thinking that we would just set the whole thing up the following Sunday and I could try and make a comeback with school. Then the friends and family arrived, and a lovely Canadian woman visiting her son bought my sister's favorite--the citrus grouping.
We also have an order for the same from one of the other vendors! Jeff, Connie, and his sister Linda came, and purchased, as did David, Michelle, Tres, Leanne, and Vannie. It was pretty exciting. Of course, none of this would have happened without Bruce, my favorite project manager. He made sure of every detail, and his display worked like a charm. He is the absolute BEST husband a girl could ask for.

I'm going to study my geology now, and I have yet another probably fruitless doctor's appointment this afternoon. We shall see what the good Dr. Everett has to say about my purple feet.

1 comment:

Jeremy Brooks said...

Congrats! Sounds like a good day. Don't worry too much about sales; they come in time. It's good to get feedback, and good to just get out there and say, "Hey, I proud of what I have done".

Back at the Homestead