Monday, April 23, 2007

Finals Week


The study guide is all typed for my Geology final, seven single spaced pages! I started very early this morning, and then took a several hour break to go to Leu Gardens. I had heard on the radio that it is free on Monday morning between nine and eleven, so off I went. I was not disappointed! Beautiful scenery, and in particular the rose garden. I really had to quit taking pictures of the roses because everyone will think that is all I can do! I had to dodge bees for sure. I'm excited though because I saw my first caterpillars! Very cool indeed.

While I was dumping older pictures that I no longer think are very good, Matt buzzed in, if you will. Actually, I saw the chat box come up, and miracle of all miracles, there we were chatting with him in Moscow! He said they had gone to Red Square when they arrived and it is quite beautiful. His room at the Marriot cost $750 a night!! Be sure and check out his pictures on flickr. His name is 5500. I imagine they will be spectacular.

I finally got one of the chicks with her/his head up as you can see. From what I can tell the papa bird is doing the majority of the feedings.

My ankle is still sketchy, but I'm hoping it will be just fine.

There is a young couple who come to the booth every week; they told us they just moved here and don't know many people. Yesterday they revealed that she is the morning television anchor on our local cable news broadcast. I checked her out this morning and she is quite good. Her name is Lisa Bell.

On to Humanities studying-- for the final I'll have to write four several page essays on topics ranging from the French Reformation to the English Civil War.

No comments:

So This is Springtime