Wednesday, April 25, 2007

First Flight

This morning I met Jennifer at the West campus to go over our geology together, and I was lucky enough to see both Brandon and Irina. They were both in my Biology class last semester and they gave me big hugs, which was welcome. As well, Jennifer and Irina helped me some with math, so I didn't need as much help from DeeDee, the tutor. She was good though, giving me hints, and making things a little simpler.

When I arrived home from school around noon I thought, hmmm.....maybe I'll just check the nest. It was empty!! I began searching the bushes for a chick and I came across this one. I have no idea if all three have made it as I can't tell if the one I first photographed is the same as this picture, but, needless to say I was jazzed. I put some other ones on flickr with Baxter chasing the chick. The parents kept chattering, and hovering, afraid I would hurt their baby. It could only fly a short distance, but man was it cute!

I went to sleep with my Shuffle last night, here's a few songs that are on there:
Blue Light by Bloc Party
Down So Long....The Rapture
Time Out from the World...Goldfrapp
I'll Be Your Baby Tonight....Bob Dylan
Stand....The Bees
Out of Time....Blur
Gin Soaked Boy....Divine Comedy
Blame it on Cain....Elvis Costello
Well Well Well....Milburn
Caught By the River...Doves
Lights....The Editors
Chelsea Dagger...The Fratelles
Ribcage...Elbow
Here it Comes Again....Tracey Thorn
Dancing in the Streets...Martha Reeves and the Vandellas
Pumping On Your Stereo....Supergrass

Bruce will be home shortly. He can quiz me more for Geology which is at 8am tomorrow, followed by Algebra. I will take the Humanities final on Friday morning at the testing center. Matt suggested I go out on something I like! Good idea from that son of mine.

No comments:

So This is Springtime