Thursday, April 5, 2007

Night Shot

Well, I finally got a night shot that is clear! This has been unobtainable for the most part-- I'll keep practicing.

I'm making a vegetarian dinner tonight, in fact, it can be vegan if you omit the Parmesan cheese. It's super simple, and super yummy. All you do is saute garlic, fresh brocoli, and red pepper flakes in olive oil--add a bit of water and steam for a few minutes. You add cooked penne pasta, and if you like, the aforementioned cheese to finish it off. I know it sounds like not much, but, believe me, it is good. We're having crusty bread, and some sliced tomatoes splashed with balsamic, and olive oil. I put some chiffonade of basal on top for both color and taste.

To illustrate that truth is indeed always stranger than fiction, Bruce tells me this. On his flight home from Detroit, a young Asian woman sits next to him and proceeds to put a teddy bear in the seat beside her. She tucks it in, so to speak, complete with Ipod! Kisses it etc. At the end of the flight the attendant finally asked her about the bear. She described it as her child, four years old, and proceeded to kiss again! Yikes, what will they think of next!

Bruce is going to take off tomorrow ; we are going to Gainesville to visit the Florida Museum of Natural History for my geology class. I can get 20 extra credit points and that my friends will turn my 60 into an 80!

2 comments:

Leebe said...

I don't know-isn't that enemy territory!!!!

jpeckmeister said...

It does sound good. Cris and I are headed to Enzo's for his belated birthday.

Was not today gorgeous? I mowed the back yard and the blooming cypress trees against the blue sky nearly took my breath away. If you ever want to have the joy of mowing grass again, just pop up here and I'll let you use the tractor. It's a blast.

I always told the girls that if a teacher was stupid enough to give extra credit (which I am not), then I would kill them if they didn't avail themselves of it.

I love the Seminoles, but Gainesville is a pretty city.

Thanks for the pictures of the trees. There's something about yellow that is just plain happy.

Back at the Homestead