Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Testing the Water

Well, I got in the pool today and even went under. If you know me at all, you know I love swimming. I can hardly wait until it is a bit warmer and I'll be in it every day. It may just be what I need.

My neighbor Regina called yesterday and thought I might like to photograph her seed pods on that blooming yellow tree. I forget the name every time, but I believe I posted a pic of it when it was in bloom. Anyway, I had forgotten what an unbelievable yard she has. It is absolutely gorgeous--I couldn't believe my luck. She also has a more cooperative cardinal. She has named her Angie, and I can tell you she just sat placidly in her nest while I took her picture. As you can see on flickr our cardinal won't sit still. I was thrilled to finally get the inside of the nest and to my complete surprise there were two eggs!

I've spent most of the day on homework--I took notes for my Geology lab--eight pages of them. He always has a quiz at the beginning of class and I usually can't recall a thing if I only read it. As it is, I'm still hard-pressed to remember much. I finally had to quit around the time of the conifers as I will have to take that many pages of notes in Humanities tonight. The class is 21/2 hours and she will tell us important stuff for most of that. Remember how I have to write those essays for her tests--thus you really have to know the material.

Poor Bruce is in Detroit and I talked to him briefly this morning and he said there was light snow. I don't know how people take that kind of weather, of course, they don't know how we stand the heat!

Another rant about our paper. In the Food section they have a stupid column whereby people ask other readers to help them find specific foods. More often than not they can be found all over the place. Two of my recent favorites were Coleman's Mustard, and Brach's cinnamon candies. Now who hasn't seen those readily I ask? Bruce and I happened to go to the Coleman's Mustard museum while in Norwich, England a couple of years ago. Interesting stuff. It was always an important ingredient in my mothers' deviled eggs. Good tip this time of year.

1 comment:

jpeckmeister said...

Tabebuia (trumpet tree, tacoma)

I adore those trees, but I never can spell the dang name. Enjoy them now; they never last long enough as far as I'm concerned.

That's some sobering news from Dr. Everett. Yikes! It almost makes me sick.

I've also been talking to some math teachers about logarithms. Who gives a crap about what they do? I know I don't.

But, try this link: it seems simple enough for me to understand. By the way, logarithms were the last things I ever understood in my math career. So if you have to take any more math, be afraid...be very afraid. http://www.themathpage.com/aPreCalc/logarithms.htm

So This is Springtime