Monday, April 9, 2007

Week Four


You wouldn't think it could be as much work as it is to set up our booth but I'm here to tell you, it is. Because the market is closed next Sunday for Fiesta in the Park, they kept it open yesterday for the vendors who need the income. Fortunately, we are not among them because our hourly rate is pretty tiny at this point. We had five sales--all to strangers I might add--and the total for that was $140. We are establishing ourselves so we went ahead and set up.

The weather was cold and dreary until about 1pm, and then it became lovely two hours before closing. I was feeling pretty chipper for most of the day. I helped Bruce carry stuff etc. Unfortunately, after I cooked dinner I was beat and got in bed at 8pm--asleep soon thereafter. I didn't get up till 7 this morning! I have a big geology test tomorrow that I've already been studying for, but more today. Math homework, and that Shakespeare paper are hanging over my head as well. Only two more weeks of classes until finals!

We got a new vendor across from us name Marie. She paints silk, and is quite charming. Here is a little group in front of her booth. The older couple's clothing is spring personified.

I saw this in an obituary notice the other day. The son speaking about his mother--"she never got her drivers license but she was one hell of a back seat driver." She was named Easter but he declared that she was definitely not named after the holiday whatever that means. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that he described her as June Cleaver with an edge?

No comments:

A Low Level of Anxiety