Saturday, June 9, 2007

Another Day, Another Template

Remember how I told you about the fruit pictures? When Bruce brought home the print from Costco, I was mighty pleased. The color is quite intense, and it sure says summer doesn't it? I put together a grouping for the market tomorrow which I feel pretty confident will sell. It has this picture, raspberries, kiwi, pineapple, and blueberries; they all look this juicy!

It took me quite a while to put the pictures together for tomorrow; I am pleased with the results and hope it goes well.

Carol and Hank are coming in on the red-eye in the morning, probably they will arrive at the house about the time we are leaving. They are hoping to get some rest and then come down in the afternoon. I hope they are prepared for how hot it is these days. I'm having the boys, and girls over, along with Lisa, and I hope Pat and Ruth, to welcome them. Maureen is out of town but I imagine she will be back in time for the party. I'm usually pretty beat after the market, but they have not been here in so long everyone will be anxious to greet them. I'm going to have b-b-que sandwiches and cole slaw. Probably corn on the cob, and some watermelon too. I've made a new sauce tonight--it uses cherry preserves, vinegar, ketchup, onions, and chopped chipotles--let's hope it isn't too spicy! I'll taste it in the morning after it has cured a bit and see what I think.

Last night when we were walking to the restaurant I noticed the Shuttle going up. It is pretty amazing that you can see it from 55 miles away. There is a lead plane which I don't understand, but we saw it. The smoke that it generates from lift-off lasts for many minutes. After dinner we met up with David and Michelle, along with another couple, at the wine bar. My goodness, we stayed up too late for us--it was around 1 that we got to bed. It was a fun time; we don't see David often enough. I told you before that he is a magnet for money. Well, he turned down a recruitment offer from Morgan Stanley for almost 1 million dollars. We were happy about that because, after all, how much money does a couple need?

No comments:

Back at the Homestead