Monday, June 18, 2007

Monday Afternoon

Well, I'm a bit behind the times, aren't I?
  • Friday's class was fine, the semester is over, and I learned some things which I will be practicing in the next few weeks and months. We all had to lay out our enlargements on tables; I think the girl with the best photographs were taken with a film SLR--when you are paying for pictures, it seems as if you are extremely careful--it doesn't hurt to have a good eye for what comprises an interesting photograph though.
  • On Saturday we toured a 3 million dollar house downtown. To say it was spectacular would be a huge understatement. An eco-friendly house I might add.
  • Kristen, and John, came over on Saturday night; there was much beer and wine consumed. As a matter of fact, probably too much, as we had to get up EARLY for the market. Nonetheless, it was fun.
  • We've moved the booth under the shade trees and it was considerably easier. I had some sales even though the crowds were mostly non-existent. The doctor's wife came with him in tow, and we'll talk more about that another day.
  • Father's Day celebration was minimal because of the market, however, the boys each called Bruce. Dave came over; he is always full of great advice concerning the business. Anyone who knows Dave would get a laugh out of that statement as he actually has advice about anything to do with money.
  • Carol and Hank, (pictured above) spent the night before their return to Beverly Hills this morning. The highlight was when we got locked out of the house two hours before their scheduled flight! I had to find a neighbor at home, and awake, to use their phone to call Bruce to find the hidden outdoor key. Aren't they so photogenic?
  • Jonathan, and Alissa are driving to Orlando as I type, returning from their week long cruise. I'm anxious to see the pictures, and hear their tales of adventure. After we visit a bit they will continue their drive to Tallahassee. Give the MINI and Jonathan a little break as it is a long way from South Florida to North Florida.
  • Here's a line from a Beth Orton song that I think you might like--"Everything that's good about now, I might just glide right past." What do you say let's not, okay?

No comments:

Back at the Homestead