Monday, June 11, 2007

Hi There!

Here are Baxter's real parents, Bill and Leanne--you remember we are only the foster parents don't you?

Yesterday was busy for everyone; Bruce helped me set up the market, and then he had to go to a business meeting for most of the day. It was SUPER HOT, and not terribly busy, however something really exciting for me may have happened. As we were just setting up, a woman with a white dog (he was poisoned by that tainted pet food btw) stopped to look. To make a long story short, she is a doctor's wife who is involved with the redecorating of his office. I had put together a combo of sunrise, sunset, and she liked it. She expressed interest in using some of my photos for the office. It would mean about six big photos and a start for my little business! I put together about 60 photos that I thought might be interesting. Hooray--my CD burner had been on the fritz for months but when Matt was home he fixed it. I finally was able to burn a CD! It turned out very good but Bruce thinks I shouldn't give it to her as she could then order from it. He's doing some computer stuff that I know nothing about to prevent that. At any rate, it may be super good news for your friend.

The family party was a success. I forgot to serve the watermelon after all, but the rest of the food turned out just fine. I made some vanilla ice cream, and a super yummy chocolate sauce to serve with angel food cake.

Carol, and Hank, arrived bright, and early from California. They slept a few hours and then came down to the market with Baxter to see what it was all about. Carol is an accomplished artist with a studio in Venice Beach; she has all sorts of advice for me which I'll have to mull over. I had some sales but the fruit was not amongst them to my surprise. I have a new favorite of folks--a grouping of purple flowers that seems to be a hit. I'm almost out of those particular frames, so a frame search will be next on my agenda.

I heard from my friend Dean, the celebrated columnist I told you about. It seems as if 30 people are leaving the newspaper, primarily on the editorial side; much to the further detriment of our local paper. It really saddened me to cancel it after 30+ years but I'm just not up to searching every day for the crossword puzzle. I counted the articles in the first section in today's paper and there were only about 15--the rest taken up with incredibly cheesy advertising. In a six page span there were only four articles!! Today was the first that I noticed no Life Style section whatsoever. What will they think of next?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Amaya said...

What an exciting prospect! Wouldn't that be fun to help her decorate the office?
You make ice cream from scratch?

Jozee said...

I like the new background. I hope your visit is going well and glad you had a great weekend. Just finishing my display for selling my prints on the street. Three more days of being a daycare provider left- then it's a new life. Yikes!

A Low Level of Anxiety