Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Lipstick


Maureen always gets a chuckle when she sees my lipstick because invariably they end up with this weird point. Have you read those articles that claim that you can tell something about a woman by the way her lipstick tube looks. I've forgotten what mine is supposed to mean. Do you know what yours says about you?

Feeling very good thank you very much. Let the trend continue unabated please.

So after an hour plus on the phone with the Apple Care folks (two, mind you) the pictures are restored to their rightful place. What a pain! I might note that they didn't say sorry for scaring you like that. 6,250 photos! And to think that you've seen only a tiny fraction. That's what happens when you go camera crazy--nothing is safe from a photo op.


Michelle came to the museum when my shift was about over and then we went to the bistro where my pictures are hung. Dave came down the Avenue and met us for lunch. I forget how incredibly handsome he is sometimes until I see him in a public place in a shirt and tie. My, oh my! He is extremely pessimistic regarding the economy right now. He advises everyone to hold on to what they have and not buy things they can't afford. He is somewhat gleeful having predicted the real estate meltdown a long while back. As a stockbroker he had to face people who insisted that real estate was the safest investment, that historically, housing prices had never gone down. He reminded them that the prices were reminiscent of the stock market bubble a few years back that devastated some folks, but it fell largely on deaf ears.

It is a good thing our boys have adopted our life motto--"Never be house poor." We moved into this house when Bill and Dave were 16 and Jonathan was 12. Matt had been gone for nearly four years by that time. It has three bedrooms, a step down from our previous four. Since that time Bruce's income has at least doubled, but we never considered a larger home because this one is cozy, truth be told--what would we want with the space? It is just more to maintain and decorate. We have never been interested in keeping up with the Joneses. In my humble opinion happy marriages are built not only on romance, but similar attitudes toward spending.

2 comments:

e said...

I'll send you a picture of my lipstick later. Mine kinda flattens out at the top.

Amaya said...

My lipstick is a little rounded at the top.
Here's a link I found about what that says about you:
http://www.pibetaphi.org/leading/leadership/lipstick.pdf

So This is Springtime