Monday, September 24, 2007

Starving Artist Seeks Buyers


Yesterday was a wash in more ways than one. I had no buyers, and hardly any lookers, which is always a bit disconcerting. We had several periods of slight showers, but around 1 o'clock our manager said it was probably time to pack up because a storm was coming. No less than ten minutes later the rain arrived raining steadily for the next hour and then off and on until we went to bed last night. It is quite a challenge to pack up in the driving rain but because I have Super Project Manager on my team it was accomplished with minimal damage. Really all the pictures are fine, my little sales book got wet; it is in the garage with the tent and everything else drying out. If I didn't know that several of these planters sold I wouldn't feel quite so bad.

I'm still working on my PayPal stuff--I'll keep you posted when it finally happens.

I did my museum stint on Saturday--very few visitors because of the sketchy weather. I walked around the courtyard reciting my monologue and I think I've got it. I've now done it with Karen (the curator), Kathy, and Dina--both vendor neighbors at the market. I did it several times with Bruce last night and he gave me instructions to toughen up my voice a bit as she is supposed to be a rough character. It's hard to get into character with people you know without laughing. At any rate, hopefully by Friday I will have it all polished and ready to go.

Over on Matt's blog he has a picture from a trip to Kew Gardens to see a sculpture exhibit. He links to his flickr site from there. While we were in London a few years ago we went to Kew and it is magnificent. The trees are worth the trip as they are indescribably majestic in a spectacular setting. There is a photo of a water lily-- the lily pads are so gigantic that they look almost unreal. Check it out from my front page, he's fiftyfivehundred.org

Jonathan is feeling overwhelmed in Chicago; he's had a bad cold for about ten days. His huge tv went on the blink, and although he has the warranty, there is a problem with getting them to come out at a time when he can be there. He leaves the house to catch the train around 6:30 and gets home each night around 6:30--not a lot of time to get much done. He has Friday afternoons off, so hopefully he will schedule the movers to empty Matt's storage stall. Matt left almost all his furniture in storage and it is just waiting for Jonathan to claim it. Hurray for families.

No comments:

So This is Springtime